Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

H. 'Silver Star' already acquiring silver!

A birthday gift from Hosta Fever in 2012. Up its second year and I'm pleasantly surprised to see the silver coming in so early. Because it is quite the upright grower, you can actually see the back of a leaf while viewing the front of the plant at the same time. I'm no photographer but I hope you see what I am trying to convey. :-)

It has doubled from last year and tripled in the count of pips since I brought it home. It took me awhile during the first season to see anything other than its upright habit. It has grown to be something special. Nothing I have compares to it.

I believe this is a "sleeper" and grows on you, just like a good movie people discover on DVD long after it opens in the theatres. :-). I'm not saying it is an acquired taste per se, simply that it comes into its own, like a swan, and you have to have one to appreciate its secrets as they unfold.

Last year it was green and white, with silver, very smooth leaves. This year it already promises "much and more". Take a look. I will definitely highlight it again when it is all unfurled as there are 9 pips in total.

P.S. In preview the smaller picture does not capture the colour as well as it looks in real life. If you want something "different", this is the hosta for you!

Comments (3)