Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New larger hosta garden update....

Posted by gabbygardner 05 (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 1:53

So, here is an update on my new garden under my two large trees in front of my house. I am extremely happy with how it is coming along.....

Before, with just some dead grass...
Photobucket

Now, with soil conditioned, and added and a few plants...
Photobucket

New Stained Glass and Pinot Gris Heuchera, plus a really pretty fern. I really hope this will fill in nicely in the next few years.

Photobucket

The beds still need more mulch and some fine bark to look right, not to mention a border, but I am very pleased with it so far!! I still have lots of hosta that have been waiting in the backyard garden to be moved up here. Many of those need identified, so it should be fun!!

Thanks for looking,

Gabby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New larger hosta garden update....

WOW! What a difference! It makes the rest of the lawn look better and will be a great place to show case your hostas.

Gesila

o

Fabulous, Gabby! You have Hosta sytle!

o

How pretty that is going to be!!! And you have enough room for when the hosta bug hits you worse than you have it now!!!

o

I sure hope the hosta bug doesn't hit me worse than now--lol!!!!!

I am having a lot of fun learning about them and the history. I think the fact that they each have such fun easy names almost gives them personality;)

I was able to find Stained Glass and Blue Angel yesterday, something that was not available in my area a couple of years ago. The better nurseries here (there are like 2) are finally getting some variety, which makes me very happy!!

I will update with the final pics soon, thanks for the comments!!

G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here