Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
uk_hostaman

ok...now im full!

uk-hostaman
11 years ago

cant get 1 more hosta in...what the hell will i do when they get bigger!

regal splendor..new last year..my god this one grows quick!

royal tapestry

lakeside cindy cee...i love this hosta

been a slow grower but i have high hopes for 'fluted fountain'

my patio area!

my little woodland area...empress wu top left(had to have one!)

Comments (23)

• Cher
    11 years ago

Beautiful! As for room, might be time for some plant posts with hanging baskets. Also I see some room in that last photo for maybe a couple of plant stands by the tree with pots on them. :)
    Cher

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

I think you need to acquire more space. Otherwise you're going to be like the old lady with 2000 cats. They'll be coming to take you away while the local society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Plants will be called in to rescue the Hosta. I'll come with them. Somebody has to give these beauties a good home.

Steve

• tomahawkclaim
    11 years ago

In the first pic, there's a pedestal without a hosta, so still room for one more. N

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful--and obviously you will get no help from this crowd of obsessed hosta addicts!

Kate

• tepelus
    11 years ago

Minis! You can tuck those little guys in here and there. And is that Spartacus in that second to last photo on the far right? I love that hosta.

Karen

• weekendweeder
    11 years ago

Wowzers! It's small but complete with respect to color, texture, and height. Also, the grass and the hedges are immaculate. *in awe*

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Very beautiful. I love the way the pots give you some elevation and make the arrangements so pleasing. It's giving me some ideas for my flat, flat yard.

Thank you for the wonderful photos.
    Christine

• sally_grower
    11 years ago

Very beautiful....what is the big ruffled lime green. You have some great hostas. I've got to get braver and do some pots.

• alexis717_df
    11 years ago

Stunning! Maybe you can borrow part of your neighbors yard ;)

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

UK, Those trellises beg for some hooks and hanging pots; the fence could really use some shelves ; >

Jon

• leafwatcher
    11 years ago

the second I saw the pics I heard this playing in my head ;)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&ob=av3e[/url]

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

You have certainly created a piece of paradise; your climate must be just about perfect for growing hostas, they all look so happy. I laughed at the picture of the 'patio area' - is there a lounge chair in there somewhere or do you have to stand while relaxing on the patio???lol
    Jan

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    11 years ago

I really like the idea of the hosta in a pot with the small hedge around it. Very nice hostas!

• ninamarie
    11 years ago

Lovely. When are you going to invite us all over for a tour?

• Cricket_Love
    11 years ago

First, I'm with Steve! I'll be right behind him in there to rescue ;) What can I say that hasn't been said! Absolutely beautiful!

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    11 years ago

Wow and more Wow! I absolutely love it! I love that you grow them in pots. I have a few in pots but I am going to do more pots now that I have seen these pictures. I just bought Regal Splendor and I think that one would be awesome in a pot. I think you'd better send some my way before that Empress Wu takes over the whole area ;)

All your plants look so perfect and beautiful...like pictures in a magazine. Thanks for posting.

Linda

• hosta_freak
    11 years ago

UK,you seem to have cornered the market in piecrust edged plants! I see your plants all seem to grow very tall,just the way mine do. Phil

• garybr
    11 years ago

Count me in withe the "rescue" party! I see some that I must have and the pots will make transporting them much easier! Thanks for the inspiring photos.

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Oh my, you sure are running out of space! They are all lovely specimens!

You have been my inspiration! I have picture of your gardens saved on my laptop that I look over before I work in my gardens!

For those of you that haven't seen his garden progess, I've included a link that has some pictures from previous years.

Here is a link that might be useful: UK-Hostaman's Gardens

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Great plants, and you also have some super looking pots - I love those tall terracotta ones, covered in moss. I don't think they would survive too many winters here, but they certainly are striking.
    Jan

• plantgnome
    11 years ago

All I can say is Holy Guacamole. Amazing. Changed my mind about potting also. Love the look.

• gardenfanatic2003
    11 years ago

WOW!! This was a timely post since I'm thinking of starting a pot garden and need to see some examples of how it's done attractively.

What do you fertilize with, if you fertilize?

When they get too big, you can divide them and send them to us! :-)

Deanna

• uk-hostaman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks everyone for the comments...after losing some of my main topiary i had used as the foundations of my garden..i wanted to create a 'sea' of hostas,i didnt expect them to grow as quick!...i now use a mix of 70% compost,15% loam and 15% composted bark with a little seaweed and neem spread on top...i also added alfalfa pellets to top of the pots early on this year!..

Here is a link that might be useful: alfalfa pellets