Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suneee

Fransens order arrived

i wasn't home when they arrived on Friday so they sat at the post office all weekend.They have perked up and I planted them all last night.
This is my first order from Fransen's,they had a great sale--Thanks Dennis! The most I paid was 2.50 Euros. Most were 1.50.All are small except for 3.Thought it would be easier to squeeze the small guys in.Was kind of surprised that 4 of them were bare roots.All had lots of eyes showing.Carder blue has 16 eyes!!!

The ones I got are:
Banyai's Dancing Girl (5 of these)
Glockenspiel
Goober
Mary Jo
Pastures Green
Pineapple Poll
Sweet Bouquet
Carder Blue
Kiwi Gold Rush
Shade Master

Comments (9)

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The bare roots.

I didn't soak them for long.

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

Very nice! Great deals and large plants! They look fantastic for sitting at the post office all weekend.
    Vanessa

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

fanjastic ...

oh that joke wont die fast.. lol

ken

• User
    9 years ago

Stoc, I think you will love the way Banyai's Dancing Girl grows so quickly and becomes a neat mound. I now have two myself. Your big tall hosta are nicely leafed out. I'm sure you will enjoy the effect of a lot of green even with new arrivals in the garden.

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kejn,
    Thanjks för the laujgh!

Mocc,I did a search and your previous post came up about how you liked the dancing girl, one reason I got them. Lots of green,but the bigger ones are gold.Should add some nice contrast.

• mountainy man z8 Ireland
    9 years ago

They look great James, I got a few of those in your order, Goober, Pineapple Poll and carder blue. I think you did better than me regarding size and eye count, my goober has only one eye. I too am suprised at the ones in your second pic, where has he been keeping them. They were great value eh?

Your garden must be really filling up now. best of luck with them.

Denis

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Denis,
    You only got 1 eye? How disappointing,I think Goober is one of the bare roots on the top left.Lots of eyes. I guess they had them in the fridge?

I think I will stick with Van den Top. If I have any more room,It's packed in the garden.
    Any new pics from you?
    Still busy with your sis?

• mountainy man z8 Ireland
    9 years ago

The fridge, well that must prove that the light really does go out when you close the door lol.

The cynic in me says that you got heaps of eyes to entice you back, I'd had a few orders from him and mabey saw me as a regular, I donno lol just jealous lol. Yeah I think I'll stick with VDT too unless fransen have another sale.

Yes still hard at it lol. I got the first trees and shrubs in the ground this evening, have been putting up fencing along the road as sheep have been coming in as they are loose here on the mountain and building gate pillars for her new gates, its all go here I need a holiday!

I've not got any thing new since my VDT order but have moved some of my nice pots around the front of the house on a stand made of scaffolding planks and concrete blocks, here's some pics:

Denis

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Denis,
    You have been busy! Keeping the sheep in line,building fences,I think I envy your life.

As far as impressing me goes,I was wondering if what I got last year from VDT was to get me hooked.Nope he sent the same big plants again.

You have some beauties in your choir line up.They look really healthy.

Thanks for the pics!
    James