Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerchild59_gw

Pinky Seedling

flowerchild59
10 years ago

I received this plant a few years ago from Stuart when I purchased seducer and a few others OS. It is a spectacular plant in the spring then a lot of the variegation fades as summer progresses. But I do enjoy it this time of year.
I hope I post this correctly from my smart phone to my computer.

Comments (7)

• flowerchild59
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a pic of the whole plant. It is small to medium in size after 7 years. And I meant to say Stuart Asch. I love his plants. I still want to do a "fire and Asch" based themed hosta bed :-)

• User
    10 years ago

Flowerchild, VERY nice plant. Do you recall its name?
    My Stuart Asch plants were also from him, when he had a "moving" sale on Hosta Library.

I have Stiff Upper Lip from him.

Ruffian (small, sometimes has a little white on it)

Bibb Lettuce is bright gold until it turns later in the spring. It had thin substance originally, but seems to be tougher now.

Nathan's Nirvana looks a lot like Victory when I put them side by side.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

i have pinky ... named after Pauline banyai .... her nickname .... its a plain green hosta.. with pinky type flowers ... bruce may or may not have given it to me.. or at least noticed it in my yard ...

i dont understand.. how a seedling .. from a green plant is viridescent ???? [is that the right word???]

or is stuart playing with our heads ...???

ken

• flowerchild59
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It was listed as Pinky seedling OS when I received it. It is very sturdy, I don't have any problems with it. The variegation fades slightly through the season.
    Sadly, I don't think my seducer or made you look made it through the winter, but I still have some late risers emerging. Otherwise, things are coming alive here in southern Illinois.

• User
    10 years ago

Sorry, I misunderstood, you said it right up front!

Too bad you lost Seducer. You are a Stuart Asch fan and so am I. My plant looks pretty good so far, but it came up a bit late. Are you sure yours won't make it?

I think I have a picture to contribute here.

• brucebanyaihsta
    10 years ago

I have not seen any Pinky seedlings variegated, but that would not preclude it from happening.

Again a bit of hosta trivia; Mom had the Pinky nickname only among our family, which a few hosta people picked up on. This seedling has somewhat pink flowers which she liked but never did much with while she was alive. It can be a vigorous grower at times and I did give it to you, Ken.

Stuart was a good friend of our family while Mom was alive - great hosta hybridizer.

Bruce

• santamiller
    10 years ago

Spectacular its right! Very impressive.