Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostales

happymothers day

hostaLes
11 years ago

Whether a mother or not (we all mother our hostas!) I wish you all a wonderful Mothers Day 2012 full of the fondest memories of our mothers, past and present.

Les

Comments (7)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

its been a long time.. since someone called me a mother ....

regards to all you women on mothers day.. lol

ken

• waistdeep
    11 years ago

I'm fortunate to still have both Mom and Dad around, 76 and 81. I have them to thank for my gardening addiction. I was told "don't bring me any more flowers I can't take care of what I have". Being inspired by this great web site, I put together a little planter for her. Since Mom's only 20 minutes from Cory's, I better take some cash and boots, never know when Mom's up for a road trip.

Happy Mother's Day
    {{gwi:979567}}

{{gwi:979568}}

Steve

ps Ken-your kidding right LOL

• luckykat13
    11 years ago

Thanks for the Mothers Day wishes gentleman. My husband takes me to the local greenhouse every year for a plant free for all and he picks up the tab. They just got in some new hostas and I am very excited:). he just said he is going to get his wallet and I said "Oh yeah. you are gonna need that" :). thanks again guys. happy Mothers Day to all.

• caliloo
    11 years ago

Thank you!

What a gorgeous little planter! Is that maple Full Moon? It is really awesome looking.

Alexa

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Thanks for the kind wishes gentlemen. I'm planning a celebratory visit to "Shades of Green" hosta nursery -- I haven't been there before so I'm excited to explore their display gardens and search for treasures.

Steve -- that's a lovely planter. It would make any Mom happy!
    Jan

• ymaddox
    11 years ago

What followed the mother ken...oh never mind :)
    I so far have got 8 new hostas from Lakeside from hubby, a card from our 17 yr. Old daughter, and hoping to have a nice visit with the older two. Was supposed to work all weekend but ended up in er Friday night with food poisoning....what a way to get mothers day off...feeling some better though. Think the 8 hostas done it :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

My day was perfect! I spent it weeding. Seriously-enjoyed every minute of it. Gets me down close to my hosta. Also discovered my Dancing in the Rain (sport of Blue Umbrella with white center and blue/green edge) disappeared. :( It is the first mostly white one I ever tried. Oh well. Everything else looks good!