Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conniemayon

Help choosing smalls please.

ConnieMay ON Z6a
11 years ago

I am looking for advice on the following varieties: Trifecta, Fantasy Island, Tropical Storm & Little Sunspot. The nurseries don't tend to get a lot of the smaller varieties (or they sell out quickly) but I have found these ones. Are they all fantastic and I should have all four?

I have Maui Buttercups and Rainforest Sunrise - so I thought Tropical Storm would be a good addition to make it a trio. My only issue is that I think I got the only plant that did not have some eyes that were reverting to all chartreuse. Is TS not stable?

Trifecta has beautiful leaves. Judging by some of the photos, it looks like it will get lighter as the season progresses. Does it look as good in your garden later in the season? If not, can I prevent it from changing colour by putting it in lower light?

Little Sunspot is the most vigorous in the pot, although all four are a nice size. It reminds me of Rainforest Sunrise but I think that it will be taller and have more green.

And finally, Fantasy Island... if you love this plant and I would be a fool not to have it, please tell me now. This is the one closest to being stroked off of the list.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Connie May

Comments (7)