Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some pics of the yard

Posted by indymom76 5 (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 8:12

We're having a nice sunny day in Indiana so I thought I'd go out and take some pictures of the hosta. For those who live in the Indianapolis area or would want to take a day trip, I highly recommend visiting Soules Garden on the south side of Indy. Very nice owners(having a brain meltdown and can't remember their names), but she has been involved with the AHS and HVX research. They will also ship-just saying-not trying to enable hosta purchases or anything. :)

Blazing Saddles
IMG_0014

Krossa Regal
IMG_0015

Hanky Panky
IMG_0016

Great Expectations
IMG_0018

June
IMG_0019

June, Praying Hands, and Big Daddy
IMG_0020

Red Octobers
IMG_0021

Liberty
IMG_0027

Sagae
IMG_0029

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some pics of the yard

Indy -- you have some lovely hostas, and sharing them with us is a great incentive to get out there with a camera. June is my all time favourite -- I never see one that my brain doesn't go 'ahhhh', and yours is perfect.
Jan

o

Some good looking Hosta. I haven't been there in person or bought Hosta from them, but I have dealt with them with shrubs. Good prices, but that's for smaller ones (not tiny) and I've been happy with them. I agree they are really nice people there. If I'm over in that area I have all intentions of stopping in.
Cher

o

Thanks, Jan-I love June as well-this is its third summer in my yard; Cher-thanks-I just love hearing about other hosta places to go and would love to know more that are reliable and in the area, so I thought I'd give them a shout-out.

o

Really nice,Indy! Obviously some young plants. It's hard to believe that much room between plants! Mine are all touching each other. I just planted a young Blazing Saddles this year,but its leaves are much narrower. Thanks for sharing! Phil

o

Very nice hostas

o

I love June's shape. I'll never get tired of that plant. Beautiful.

Regarding Sagae, it looks like you decided to plant it in the middle of your lawn! Hehe. Im afraid I'm going to reach that point one day...

"Hosta beds are totally full... why don't I just plant this Sagae... right here... in the lawn..."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here