Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Morning Closeups

Posted by steve_mass 5b (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 8:17

The light was good this morning. Here's a few photos to start your day. Off to a plant sale today.

Lakeside Frosted Mint
Photobucket

Blue Mammoth
Photobucket

Beet Salad
Photobucket

Neat and Tidy
Photobucket

Alligator Shoes
Photobucket

Minuteman
Photobucket

Stained Glass
Photobucket

Hollywood Lights
Photobucket

Brass Ring
Photobucket

Striptease
Photobucket

Tokudama Flavocircinalis
Photobucket

Band of Gold
Photobucket

Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Morning Closeups

You're right. The light is very nice. I especially like the photo of Brass Rings, a few of the leaves look like calla lilies.
Christine

o

Beautiful photos, do you ever wonder what the neighbors think when they see you out there taking pictures of your hostas....I know mine wonder about me! They just don't get it, do they!

o

Very nice pictures! I am waiting for my hosta order with Lakeside Frosted Mint in it.

o

Awesome pictures! Thanks for posting them

Alexa

o

Trying to imagine how you get such good petiole pictures and plant profiles in your photos, Steve. Down on the knees? Or kneeling with the plant on a hillside? Good thing all of mine are in pots which can be raised up some. Otherwise, all you'd see of my hosta would be the overhead views.

I see now why they call it Hollywood Lights--never saw the white petioles before. Beet Salad I have, and it is doing fine with its red petioles, but your plant is denser. I think it looks good in a container like yours and mine.
Plus, I like Minuteman a lot better than Patriot--to me they do not look alike, because MM is very white margined and vigorous in shape.

o

Very good shots! I almost never take those close of shots,necause in my woodland garden,if you got that close to the ground,there wouldn't be enough light to get a good pic. Phil

o

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed these. Moc, it's called hills. You have been away from Mass too long. Don't you remember them?

Steve

o

Beautiful pics Steve! The colour on Lakeside Frosted Mint is amazing. Does it stay that way?

Connie May

o

Connie May,

LS Frosted Mint appears to have a glaucous bloom sort of like a blue Hosta, but it makes the plant appear to have a soft green color. Last year I bought this later in the year and left it in too much sun, and it turned gold. But I think it will stay this color in the shade I've got it in now. Here is the one I saw in the Adams garden at the end of June.

Lakeside Frosted Mint

Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here