Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mikado

Posted by sidney1515 (My Page) on
Thu, May 28, 09 at 8:18

We've been having rainy drizzle for a couple days. I'm going to have to work outside anyway since I have another truck load of mulch to unload. . lol
Here's a wet picture of Mikado with my watch. He takes lots of sun here.
I would love to see any pictures of your Parhelion. That one has been a slow grower for me. There should be a big jump next year. . hope hope. .
I'm thinking Parhelion's name could better be "Rip Van Wrinkle," lol. . .He's a pretty one though. . I'll try to get some pictures today if I get time.

Mikado

Mikado leaf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mikado

Sidney,Parhelion is not Rip Van Winkle here. He is my best Sum and Sub sport. I have Vim and Vigor,which has been a real bust,and Sum of All,also a very slow grower,and Sum of All grows not too far from my Earth Angel,and EA TOWERS over it! Here is a current pic,taken just today of Parhelion,at the entrance of my garden. It gets afternoon sun,until the Poplar tree shade comes over it,and it seems to love where it's planted. Take a look. Phil
Photobucket

o

Wow Phil! Lovely! How old is your Parhelion?

Thanks so much for posting this!

o

• Posted by hey_j 6 Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Sat, May 30, 09 at 11:56

sidney--here's mine and it's been a vigorous one for me!!

Photobucket

Here it is in 2005:

Photobucket

And here it is, newly planted in July 2004:

Photobucket

o

Mikado is gorgeous and so is Parhelion. My Parhelion should be called Stubborn Mule. It just stays the same puny size no matter what. I know, I know, move it. Which is just what I'm gonna do.

Lainey

o

Just lovely Janice!!! Thanks so much for posting it. . Lainey, maybe your Parhelion and mine are out of the same litter. . .lol

I'm going out to speak mean to mine. . .

o

• Posted by hey_j 6 Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Sat, May 30, 09 at 13:03

Ooops--I meant to include how AWESOME your Mikado is, Sidney!!
It makes up for your stubborn 'Parhelion', don't you think? Maybe not--so just move yours
to another location and give it a good swift kick, er, dose of watering this year and some alfalfa
pellets and see if it doesn't respond properly!! ;o)

LOve, love your 'Mikado'!!!

o

Sidney,I think my Parhelion was planted in 2005,but I may be wrong. Oddly Janice's,was what inspired me to look for one! It was originally planted deeper in my garden,but I thought it should be in more sun,so I moved it. Apparently,I was right! Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here