Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_in_mn

On Stage

paul_in_mn
11 years ago

The slowpoke is finally up .....and worth the wait. Not all stretched out yet, but looking good.

And a couple seedlings that got the streak into the center from mama.

Please add your On Stage pics.

Thanks for looking.

Paul

Comments (15)

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Second year, beautiful and slow as molasses. It's in a lot of shade. Don't know if I should move it or not.

Steve

• evermore_gw z 4/5 NB
    11 years ago

Paul,

I really enjoy your posts, singly out individual hostas for our attention. I don't have On Stage, but the pics I see here make me think I should get it.

Seeing both your post and Steve of Massachusetts following reminds me of the great debt we owe the both of you for the outstanding work you did in reporting the garden tours of the AHS national conventions in Minnesota and Massachusetts. I sure hope that there is someone like you who will step up in the Nashville area this year. It means a lot to those of us who frequent this forum, but can't go to national conventions. We owe you both our warmest thanks.

the other Steve

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

'On Stage' is a beauty for sure - mine has about 6 leaves, but lots of potential I hope.
    And I second the applause for reports from the convention. Thanks for taking the time and effort to photograph and post.
    Jan

• old_dirt 6a
    11 years ago

Slow poke for sure, last hosta to break through but worth the wait.

• sshoop1zone4a
    11 years ago

One of my favorites that I bought at the end of the season in 2010 so last summer was the first full season for me. Here it is last year.

Here it is this year.

And a close up, love the colors.

Sam

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Sam,

Great growth rate on yours. How much sun do you have it in?

Steve

• jeremywalsh
    11 years ago

Old dirt...nice pic, beautiful hosta.

• hostahillbilly
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Like Hosta 'Sunpower', it needs more sun than most others to get that big. Ours will never get that large in my lifetime ;-( waaaaa

• sshoop1zone4a
    11 years ago

Mine gets some morning sun, about 2 to 3 hours worth, and then dappled shade the rest of the day. I was pretty impressed with it this year as it went from 1 to 6 eyes. It came up so late last year I was woried it had not made it, now I know that is just the way this hosta is.
    Sam

• alyciaadamo
    11 years ago

I'm so jealous both of mine are still not even up much!!! I do finally have almost one leaf unfurled on each plant but still waiting for the rest to show up. This plant so should have been called DIVA! Beautiful but gotta show up fashionable late!

I wish I could take a pic but my camera was left outside the last two days and it RAINED! :(

• old_dirt 6a
    11 years ago

Thx gardenj76...Mine gets very little sun, mostly mid day dappled.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

My 10 year old...or there abouts.

tj

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

tj, that certainly is a beauty.
    Did you plant it shallow? (My 3 year old might be too deep)
    Bernd

• sally_grower
    11 years ago

My On Stage gets quite a bit of sun all day long, at least the front part of it. It's on the north side of the house and Blue Angel is behind it. Blue Angel is in this photo is about 4 feet across, it's bigger now!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

Bernd, mine was just planted with the crown at soil level. It does get about six hours of sun though.

tj