Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just an overall view of my shade garden

Posted by plantgnome 6b//7 (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 9:01

Here is my shade garden in the early morning sun this is where most of my Hostas reside along with assorted ferns and a few Heuchera.All that dark greenery in the back is freakin Ivy that crept over from the neighbors yard, I cut it back every month. Time to do some ripping out.
DSCF0497

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just an overall view of my shade garden

Nice garden, too bad the privacy fence did not keep out the ivy. Next picture, show us what is off to the left, where the pathway leads. Every path needs to have a destination, not always visible, so it leads us onward. Like your arbor too.

Hang a cheap string hammock over there to the right where the three trees create a triangle, might never use it, but it puts a people spot into the picture.

Are you using big limbs to border your beds? It seems so anyway, and a great idea in a woodland setting.

o
RE: Just an overall view of my shade garden

Yes I use big limbs and odd branches for decor, the path leads to the Empress Wu, Blue Angel & around the bend Komodo Dragon, all babies right now and Also a Matteuccia Fern called "The King" also a baby. second photo is around the bend to a work still in progress more room for Hostas and some other shade plants. Taking me a couple of years to complete each section money wise, lost job etc. But will get there eventually.
DSCF0503
and
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here