Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sld_sandy

Please Identify

sld_sandy
10 years ago

The folks at the garden center (who sold it to me), could not identify it. Thought it was very pretty as the color would go well in the Hosta garden I'm attempting to put together.
Help would be greatly appreciated in finding it's name.

Comments (18)

• User
    10 years ago

That variegation is my favorite, and yours is a lovely plant. I'll check my similar hosta and see what I come up with.

Was it sitting in direct sun, bright light or shade? Heavy texture? It looks rather spreading instead of erect, but not for sure from this angle. It could be that it holds its leaves horizontally giving that impression.

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Maybe Eye Declare?

Paul

• sld_sandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This mystery hosta was in filtered light and not really heavy texture. I appreciate your help.

Also, I went through the list of available Hosta's that was provided by the nursery where this hosta was purchased and "Eye Declare" was not on their list, so I am assuming that is not it's name.

It was found in the Nurserys medium size hosta section, but since there was no name, it could have just been placed there by someone that changed their mind about purchasing I!

Plan to go back to search other Hosta sections for another one.

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Gold Standard?

Paul

• netcub
    10 years ago

Rainforest Sunrise?

• WILDernessWen
    10 years ago

Orange Marmalade? WW

• jadie88
    10 years ago

I was also going to guess Gold Standard...?

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Depends on its size, but I think netcub has it as Rainforest Sunrise.

Steve

• mbug_gw
    10 years ago

close up of Rainforest Sunrise
    Maybe it will help you

• User
    10 years ago

Don't think Eye Declare is a contender this time. It is so smooth with a dull satin sheen, starting very light with a sweet green margin.....like buttah so smooth, and then it greens up later on but never seemed to have pronounced veins. Not at all the same attitude as the hosta in question.

Beautiful plant, I'd be looking for more myself! :)

• Lee
    10 years ago

Stained Glass?

• User
    10 years ago

Melati, I think Stained Glass is an option, depending on how large it grows. Color and attitude seem similar in nature. And if it is fragrant.....which Rainforest Sunrise is not.

Wish I could say which blooms when but do not have it at my fingertips, and I know someone here can tell you right off..... :)

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Stained Glass doesn't cup like that. It's Rainforest Sunrise. Really.

Steve

• User
    10 years ago

Well, there you go......I trust Steve's identification. You have a high percentage with CID solved, Steve. Besides being such an astute observer, you know your hosta.

• sld_sandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Looks like "Rainforest Sunrise" is a match and it's on the nursery's hosta list in their miniature section. Will be going back to the nursery with this hosta name. Should make searching for it a lot easier. Will post my results.
    Everone's help has been greatly appreciated.

• hostafreak
    10 years ago

Coloring is right for Rainforest Sunrise,but mine has leaves that are almost round,and very cupped. It's probably a young one,and hasn't got the leaf shape yet. phil

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

I agree with Phil, in that it's probably an immature little 'Rainforest Sunrise' it's got the 'baby' leaf shape. Mine in a pic from last year, still immature. Nice plant, a favorite.

Don B.

• Lee
    10 years ago

I think Steve is right, I saw a Rainforest Sunrise on Ebay looks almost the same as this one :)