Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Impulse No. 2: Paradigm

Posted by harryshoe z6easternPA (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 14 at 10:56

I'm innocently shopping for some plants for my hummingbird garden and, without warning, I stumble upon a Paradigm with TEN eyes. A near perfect specimen.

I planted it in a prominent spot without much thought for its needs. I'm figuring it has to be easier than Great Expectations. What can you tell me (and show me) about Paradigm?

My newest hosta. Great Expectations and Paradigm. Despite its proximity, Paradigm will have significantly more shade than its neighbor.

photo DSC_0102_zps5df012e2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Impulse No. 2: Paradigm

An outstanding cultivar. Even with the shade it will grow twice as fast as your GE.

Steve

o

excellent choice!

dave

o

A super easy plant to grow!

o

Very good, Harry. You will love it.

Don B.

o

I can tell you it will eventually swallow that Great Expectations...mine's about 5 feet across...

o

A good growing plant,but mine got severely burned by this years freeze. Another plant which looks like a dead ringer for it is Clifford's Polar Moon. My Polar Moon is perfect.because it always comes up late. Phil

o

Mine is in a pot, and is due to be up potted soon. I got it in 2012 spring, and it goes to about November here, looking fairly well even late in the year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here