Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beverlymnz4

Hosta blogspot

beverlymnz4
10 years ago

OK. I don't know what a blogspot is, but this was a good one. I came upon it while researching my hosta wish list. If its rainy and cold where you are, check it out.

http://hostatalk.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: here's the link

Comments (12)

• User
    10 years ago

Not sure I know what a blog is either.
    But the blogger is a man in Belgium. Very interesting photos. Sometimes there is a description, like for Bitsy Gold. I was interested in that one, since I have it.

Mostly, the spot seems to be photos. I thought that places like Flickr and Photobucket were available to folks world wide, so have no idea if this blog is for sharing photos about hosta or a personal garden journal or log.

Nice photos. Thanks for the link.

• hillbillyhosta
    10 years ago

If you care to read comments or descriptions of each hosta on this blog go to sidebar to dropdown box. then click on mosaic , you will then see information about each hosta everyone have a good day hank

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

The author of this blog described 'Royal Tapestry' as a Hosta from 'the late Jim Schwarz'.....This is news to me!!!! Does anyone know if this is true or not?? I went looking for an answer online, but decided to come back here and ask that question, as this is probably the best place to find out. Jeez, I hope this guy is wrong!

Anyone know? Thanks,
    Don B.

• hillbillyhosta
    10 years ago

Don, from from I read on a google search is that royal tapestry was a 2002 Schwarz introduction .I hope that maybe of some help to you. hank

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Thanks Hank, but I was referring to the part where the author referred to Jim Schwarz as being dead. I was wondering if THAT were true, which I really hope is not. I guess I worded my last post pretty poorly, in that I didn't specify that part well enough.

Thanks,
    Don B.

• User
    10 years ago

Mmmmm, not sure except someone in the industry would know. Perhaps similar to Savory Nursery, the son is carrying on after the father passed away. Was there perhaps and ELDER Jim Schwarz? Two generations of hosta hybridizers in the Schwarz family?

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Blogspot is a website that allows people to make up their own website and talk about anything they want. Usually, they are free. There are several of those sites available, including Blogger and Wordpress.. They talk about everything from athletics to zoology. Food is a popular subject, too. Successful bloggers usually use lots of photos. Some people get enough traffic to make money with them.

There used to be someone on the list who had a blog on gardening and one about landscaping, but I can't remember who they were.

bk

• hosta_freak
    10 years ago

The word blog comes from a combination of the words web,and log. Some genious put the two together and made one word out of them. Phil

• hosta_freak
    10 years ago

That hosta named Snake Eyes has nothing on me. Here is what one of my Stripteases has going on this year. Phil

• User
    10 years ago

Phil, what is your Striptease doing now? Making more wide lines for you? That's no string bikini.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Still don't know if Jim Schwartz is alive or dead. I'd wager the Belgian person is mistaken in thinking he has passed away, though.

Don B.

• tepelus
    10 years ago

I have a blog, though it's geared toward writing mostly and history with some of my art thrown in for the heck of it. I had thought about setting up a gardening blog, but I have enough with trying to update the blog I have let alone another one. I don't get a lot of traffic on my blog but enough to keep me from not bothering with it anymore.

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog, for those that are curious