Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
late emerging?

Posted by gardenlou Ottawa, Canada (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 12 at 11:13

Is Rainforest Sunrise usually late to emerge? All surrounding hostas are well on their way and RS is only about two inches out of the ground. All hostas were planted at the same time. I've just never had one that was so slow to start and it was very small last year compared to similar size ones. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: late emerging?

My Rainforest Sunrise unfurled before Loyalist and American Hero. My last two were Mountain Snow and On Stage. And, the only one that has yet to unfurl is Rhino Blue, it's up to four shoots so far, but none have unfurled.

Gesila

o

It was one of the last to come up for me this year. Tropical Storm was slow as well. My last ones to unfurl are Tokudama F, Manhattan, Heatwave, and Rosedale Spoons.

o

On Stage is still not showing.

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Mon, May 14, 12 at 9:46

Mine is planted near a Golden Tiara, The Razor's Edge, Pineapple Poll, Journey's End and Paradigm and emerged last. It was still ahead of Fragrant Bouquet but not by much. Late is all relative!

o

Mine is planted in pretty much full sun, next to August Moon, and in front of Key West. Out of a little over 200 hosta it was one of the first up and completely unfurled. I still have a few dozen that are just starting to unfurl. Rainforest Sunrise has been up for probably two weeks or more.

o

My Powder Blue was SO SLOW .. I thought it would never show up, easily 5-6 weeks behind the first ...

o

My On Stage is a little slower emerging than most, but 2 weeks ago when I visited my darlings I saw it popping through the poppys, which will be dieing back soon. I hope to get home and take a couple of Pics in the next couple of days. (see my new post on growing hostas with poppy).

Les

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here