Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Afterglow arrived First Look Auction win

Posted by moccasinlanding z9A AL (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 11:57

And here it is, the lovely young thing I won in February, looking all fresh in her spring finery. I appreciate Miz Mary at Walters carrying her down to Shipping so she was well handled for her long trip to the deep south. Hosta people are really nice folk.

I look forward to seeing her grow up.
Hosta 'Afterglow'

Hosta 'Afterglow'

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Afterglow arrived First Look Auction win

Nice one moc!

It's a sport of Climax. I'm wondering what the difference is. My Climax alway seems to get hit by wind and have his petioles broke. I probably need to move it.

Gesila

o

Moc - after you posted about your Afterglow was followed by Gesila's Climax it seems everyone wouldn't touch this thread with a 10 foot pole.

Well not this old critter. Your Afterglow is a very lovely hosta. I am looking forward to seeing it all "growed up" as they say in Arkansas. Thanks for sharing.

And Gesila, why don't you cinch it up and show us a photo of your Climax so we know what you're talking about instead of letting minds on the "Dark Side" ponder.

Les

o

Well, I tried to get Krossa Dressa, and I tried to get a high dolla Wheee! and I finally got the Afterglow. It was a neat auction. The auctioneer's spiel about each hosta included some of the topic you mention.

I think Afterglow has a very sweet relaxed look to it, don't you?

o

Absolutely!
I also went to get a high dolla Wheee! and couldn't float her price on my social security wages budget. Gesila must have been thinking of me, speaking of a lot of wind and broken petioles. I had to settle for a Sadi instead - Did you know Sadi's daddy was a Love Pat back in 2000?

Les

o

Here you go Les.... third year hosta. I reviewed the pictures and it's come a long way! This one is very upright. And, I'll say no more.

Photobucket

o

Here you go Les.... third year hosta. I reviewed the pictures and it's come a long way! This one is very upright. And, I'll say no more.

Photobucket

o

It is truly a beautiful thing,Gesila! Now everything I will say is going to be taken two ways but I have to say it. I have just added Climax to my "Must Have" list.

Les

o

Sorry . . . Can't help it! ROFLMAO

o

Seems like with names like that you simply cannot avoid putting your foot in it. hehehehehe

Like my parrot says, "You are so funny."
My DH came in, wanted to know what I was chuckling about. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here