{{gwi:990345}}

{{gwi:990346}}

{{gwi:990347}}

{{gwi:990348}}

{{gwi:990349}}

Comments (15)

• soccamutha
    15 years ago

Truly gorgeous. I am so glad it's easier to get this year. I already talked one hosta browser into it...he's well over 300 varieties and didn't have it yet.

~~Becky

• greenguy
    15 years ago

Itis a great one

how are you liking the new camera?

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

always wishing for a better one.. but lightyears ahead of the other one ....

and its free to practice.. compared to the old film days ...

thanks

ken

• mary52zn8tx
    15 years ago

As always your hostas are just magnificent! I love Liberty, but the stupid squirrels around here just about killed mine last fall. They acted like it was salad and chewed off the leaves. I was so looking forward to the leap year. Oh well, I will just have to enjoy yours for now.

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    15 years ago

I bought Liberty last year at the Georgia Hosta Society sale. When I got home I had Diana Remembered instead!! In the chaos of the sale,some bags must have been switched somehow. I went to the sale this past weekend and Liberty was first on my list, wouldn't you know not a single vendor had one!!!
    After seeing your pics I'm doubly depressed. Guess I'll have to go out and find one somehow.
    Annette

• lisasmall
    15 years ago

My country 'tis of thee! Makes me want to stand up and sing.

And yes, the new camera seems to suit you well. :)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    15 years ago

Oh, thank you for those pics! I first gazed upon this jewel on the cover of the Hosta Journal in 2002, volume 33, Number 2. I bought it in 2003 (6 eyes), and it did fine for a year, then in 05-06 I almost lost it. I have 3 beautiful healthy eyes this year, and am eternally grateful. What a truly beautiful hosta. Worthy of all the accolades. The AHA (American Hosta Society) puts out some wonderful journals, with magnificent high quality photos. I went away (due to some family catastrophes) but I think it is time to re-join even tho there are no hosta societies out here in California. It is worth the $$ just for the journals!

• hosta_freak
    15 years ago

Beautiful hosta,Ken! Mine is not as old as yours,but right now it's about 2 feet tall already! Planted where it gets pretty good sun,and it seems to like it there. Phil

• buff24
    15 years ago

It is fantastic, isn't it? Mine has really leaped this year...
    Buff

Liberty - spring 08

• caliloo
    15 years ago

Swoooooooooooooooooon!

Alexa

• mjjones453
    15 years ago

you say what can you add? one to my garden!!! Ha Ha! I looked at it this year, but passed it up! oh well Stunning! Mary

• olgaflowers
    15 years ago

I'm a lurker here, But Wow !!!
    Olga,

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    15 years ago

Hmm, after looking at your gorgeous pics, I'm thinking I need to move mine and try to find it's happy place. Maybe a spot with a little more sun? Yours is really beautiful.Joyce

• bunnycat
    15 years ago

So gorgeous! Maybe in 10 years, with luck, mine will look like yours. By then yours will be an absolute beast. Will this one get as big as paremt Sagae?

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    15 years ago

I believe this is one of the best of the best! It sure stands out in my hosta collection .. a MUST HAVE!

Terry