Rainforest Sunrise

Orange Marmalade

American Halo

Great Expectations

Dream Queen; always sleeping late

The Night Before Christmas

Paul's Glory

The main hosta garden.

June; truly spectacular. No wonder it is the perennial favorite.

Victory....Wow!

All bow to her majesty, the Empress Wu.

The recently unearthed First Frost

Sum and Substance (Minuteman border)

Blue Mouse Ears (far too small for me)

Wide Brim

Frances Williams

Francee; so common, but this one is nice

Dream Queen- again? No, Golden Meadows corrected thanks to Josephine

Sieboldiana Elegans defiantly thriving under a maple tree.

Sure beats brown leaves, grass and freezing temps.

Jon

This post was edited by jonnyb023 on Thu, May 15, 14 at 15:35

Comments (9)

• lavendargrrl
    9 years ago

Everything is looking great, Jon. I love it when everything starts to pop like yours are now!

• Jon 6a SE MA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Lavender, sure beats all those below zero days.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Johnny, beautiful hostas in a gorgeous environment! But....Who's been beating up on your poor BME!?

The second pic of your DQ looks quite a bit like Golden Meadows. Do you have it? In this pic it has the "stitching"/ puckered look all around.

Jo

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    9 years ago

Inspiring photos,mine are still coming up.Thanks.

• Jon 6a SE MA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Josephine and stoc.

Josephine, you are correct that is my Golden Meadows, I have edited the post crediting your observation (good catch). I don't know why BME is beaten up. It was probably covered with a lot of branches and was damaged when I raked the area out. This is just another reason why I shouldn't have small hosta.

Jon

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Lol, rescue the little mouse, tuck it into a pot and place it near where you sit so you and yours can admire its "smallness" close-up. It'll get a complex growing with the big guns! Lol

Thanks for the "nice catch" btw - makes me feel good to know I'm learning! I don't have a GM but my daughter does...and the recent post was still in my head! :-)

Again, you grow and display such beautiful and robust looking hosta. Pictures like these are so inspiring.

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Lovely to gaze at those beautiful hosta. Its wonderful to be able to look at so many hosta gardens and to see their progression. By the way, I'm jealous - you manage to grow a nice Orange Marmalade - the bane of my existence - because I've lost two of them.

DD

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    9 years ago

Sometimes it feels like spring will never come, but when it does it's the best time of year, ever! Your garden is off to a great start, and that Sum and Substance looks like it's going to be huge this year.

• Jon 6a SE MA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Josephine, I'll have to give it to someone who appreciates tiny, inconsequential, picky little hosta that have to be pampered.

Delta Dawn (What's that flower you have on...?) Sorry, flashback.

Thank you, I have 2 Orange Marmalades, One by the road (the one shown) that gets salt spray and abuse during the winter and another.......

That sits on a mostly shaded, all alone on a south facing slope out back by the shed, that also thrives (the hosta , not the shed).

Sandy, that S&S amazes me. I used to think my Elegans were big until I bought an SS. I have three now that are in areas of different exposures and different soil types. It doesn't seem to matter they thrive and get huge...my kind of hosta; big beautiful brutes.

Jon