Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID help please

Posted by Charlie44 none (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 12:23

Can anyone identify this hosta for me please ?

Photobucket

Another pic

Photobucket

Thanks for the help. Charlie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID help please

Charlie,

Are those colors accurate? What color is the pot in which this Hosta is planted?

Steve

o

Pineapple Upsidedown Cake

Paul

o

Is that a UV filter or a blue filter on your camera? Or have you found a lot of really lovely lavender pots? :)

I agree the plant looks like Pineapple UpsideDown Cake. There is a wave to some of the leaves as well. Does Pineapple U Cake have the blue-green margin color extending down the petioles also? I cannot tell w/o my glasses. But it looks to be a ringer. It is a pretty plant.

Charlie, please keep in mind that I am not an experienced hostalier, and take my observations advisedly.

o

Ditto what Paul said, it's what I thought when I saw it in the other post.

Gesila

o

The pot is a light blue.

o

Here are some photo's that might be better.

Photobucket

next
Photobucket

and last
Photobucket

Thanks again !

o

For me, it could be either 'Chinese Sunrise' or 'Pineapple Upsidedown Cake', CS is a little shinier in the leaf. My CS right now is in pretty much full sun and is starting to lutesce, and I have moved my PUDC into full shade because last year its first flush of leaves went crispy....I want to see it yellowish, not crispy-crappy.

Pieter

o

I'm no expert, but in the first picture, the hosta in the back looks diseased.

o

At least freeze damaged Donna! Not familiar with Chinese Sunrise so it sure looks like my PUDC in very early spring.

And yes also on the variegation continuing down the petioles on my PUDC.

Les

o

I hope that's just freeze damage. I just received it in the mail Wednesday.

o

I hope that's just freeze damage. I just received it in the mail Wednesday.

o

I just took another look at the OP pix, and I don't think it's 'Chinese Sunrise'. CS has reddish petioles, I don't see those on any of these pix....sure hope my PUDC looks better this year than last....

Pieter

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here