Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's a good source for those copper-lined growing bags!

Posted by hey_j 6 Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 12:50

Jay's the man!

I was just going to say to tell him "Hey Jay from Hey_j"!

I crack me up--didn't even see that one coming till I finished the thought!!

I highly recommend these bags if you have the problems I'm having and will have even more when we move--root competition from anything that grows vigorously looking for the water you're putting on your hosta!! The copper stops the roots dead in their tracks!

Be sure to turn the bags inside out putting the seamed side in! They ship just the opposite with seams out! If you turn back the tops to make a cuff you should have the light grey flannel sort of side out, while the whole rest of the outside material looks dark charcoal with a sheen..

Here is a link that might be useful: Horticulture Specialties--Jay's the man!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's a good source for those copper-lined growing bags!

This sounds like a great idea. Which one is copper lined?

o

I figured it out. Does anyone know if this can be found in Canada?

o

I've bought both the bags and a roll of the Tex-R fabric from HS and found the roll cheaper and easier to use. With the bags you need to dig the hole to fit the bag whereas with the roll of fabric you fit (form) the bag to whatever size hole you want.

The roll I bought was 4' X 100' and cost about $150. I see HS doesn't advertise this size roll any longer but maybe they can still get it.

Although the roll came via HS it was manufactured in Quebec and the shipping label from Texel Inc. states " THE USE AND RESALE OF THIS PRODUCT ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN CANADA" Maybe they will ship to the USA. Their phone # in Quebec is 418-387-5910

o

Hi squirejohn,

Thanks for the info. What is HS?

Paula

o

Paula - Sorry for being so cryptic.

HS = Horticultural Specialties referenced in the first post.

o

I called the company in Quebec and they only sell to one grower in Ontario in bulk; neither of them will sell to a member of the public :(
Thanks anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here