Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sidney1515

Mountain Mist seedling

sidney1515
10 years ago

This is a Northern Mist seedling that just seemed old and wrinkled from the start. I put him by my potting shed door and we became friends. . :) Well, the next thing I knew I named him. .
All his leaves unfurl like the one on the bottom left is unfurling. This is the first year he wasn't misted when opening.
Sorry about all the junk on the leaves. The storms keep coming and going here.

*The subject line would not let me change the name to Northern Mist but I was able to change the name in the message body. I'm so sorry for the error folks. We've had out of state company all week for graduations. . Senior, eighth grade and kindergarten. . . . Me poor ole mind is in a swirl. . lol.

This post was edited by sidney1515 on Fri, May 31, 13 at 6:54

Comments (10)

• sidney1515
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm sorry. . I meant to say Northern Mist seedling. Can I correct that title somehow??

• dansgrdn
    10 years ago

I really like your seedling! Great substance and texture. I like the name too .

Dan

• coll_123
    10 years ago

I like it! I like the very textured ones.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

I love it, and the name too! BTW, how is that Mt. Daisen seedling of yours doing, Sidney?

Regards,
    Don B.

• netcub
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! Love the Old Guy!

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Sidney you have the best seedlings. Can you post another pic of the Mt. Daisen seedling? Is it looking good again this year?

BTW, you can change the title (I think) through the editing function.

Steve

• timhensley
    10 years ago

Gorgeous plant!

• sidney1515
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I thank you all so much for your encouraging comments. .

Don, the Mt. Daisen seedling is just opening. Right now she looks like Farah Fawcet with wet hair. . .hahahaha. It looks like she really increased this year. We have had the wettest season with constant storms moving in and out. I have an awards thingy to go to today for eight grade grandson. I will try to get a picture in the next few days posted. Thanks for asking.. . makes this old lady feel good someone likes her to. We hostaholics love our babies, don't we? lol

Steve, your comment is so humbling and encouraging. .I cannot take claim for the seedlings. Everything I learn is from all you faithful and knowledgeable gurus and all the people who work in the school of "trial and error." I am so interested in working with breeding these beauties. There is so much knowledge that is shared in abundance here. You guys are the greatest to work with people just starting. I'm continually amazed at the willingness to share knowledge. The last several years I have been a caregiver and my gardens have taken a backseat to life. Every seedling that I get is literally dropped in my way by the Lord. I truly think He knows how much the wonderment of these seed process thrill me and He blesses me with them.. .I take not one ounce of credit. .they are just there. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know someone else likes these babies.. . .

Ok. . enough sloppy sentiment. . .even if I meant every word of it. . lol

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Sidney,

Click on my name and send me an email. Your collection of montana Hostas is outstanding.

Steve

• dray67
    10 years ago

That is really cool, id buy that one.