Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavendargrrl

Plant Delights bounty :)

lavendargrrl
10 years ago

I am just getting home from my first trip to PDN since 2008. Wow - I've missed that place, LOL. It's pretty hot today (already 86) but I got there early and stuck to the shade gardens near Tony's house. I will make a new post later with some pics from the botanic garden. In the meantime, here's what I bought. Lord help me!

Squash Casserole, Designer Genes, Electrocution, Wheee!, Joy Ride, Deliverance, Mini Skirt, Hanky Panky, Seducer

Heuchera 'Georgia Peach' & 'Cajun Fire' and Dicentra spec. 'Gold Heart'

Comments (15)

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    10 years ago

Nice Plants!! I can only dream of 86 degrees--the heat sounds wonderful.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Very nice. Getting pretty hot out there!

Don B.

• hostahosta
    10 years ago

NIce assortment. I like the way you have them arranged in this pic!

• brandys_garden
    10 years ago

Nice "bounty" I am looking forward to Luna Moth, Rainbow's End and Cherry Berry soon. I am very pleased with what I have acquired this year so far! I love Wheee! she is a return from last year. Honestly, if she had not made it, I would have thrown in the towel.

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Great looking plants. Looks like you really scored.

bk

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

Glad you were able to make it out. Don't ya just love that place? Nothing like going there in person! I'm headed over again tomorrow, to pick up a few grasses that I missed the first run through. We'll see if any hostas accidentally jump in my car while I'm there. They're prone to do that when you're not looking, you know!

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Hostas like to hide in grasses, that's why some have such tall scapes...Happy 'accidents' to you, Funn!

Don B.

• User
    10 years ago

What is the one in picture on far right with the wavy leaf and white backs? I do not recognize it from your list of plants. Almost like Neptune.

• lavendargrrl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone. I actually managed to get them all planted this evening, too. It was so nice to visit PDN. I haven't been there since July 2008. I'm not sure how I managed that, lol.

Brandy, they had Luna Moth at PDN today and it is really attractive. The problem I have is there are so many great hostas at that place, and it's a little dangerous! I rationalized the purchases today because I've been so good for almost 6 years, haha!

Mocc, I assume you are talking about the blue one. That is Joy Ride.

This post was edited by lavendargrrl on Fri, May 9, 14 at 23:03

• mbug_gw
    10 years ago

Nice Haul.
    You picked well!!

• Gesila
    10 years ago

Nice haul! Great size plants. Seducer is a stand out, one you can spot from a long distance away.

I hope you have better luck than I did with your Heucheras. My Georgia Peach was about the size of a quarter last year. I guess that's why I really like growing hostas. It's hard to kill them. Well, unless their expensive and were overwintered in a pot.

Gesila

• lavendargrrl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gesila, my huecheras in the bed with tree roots don't do so well. I just moved one of them today. I have a couple that are doing great in the bed I was planting in tonight, though. Dim light here but it's on the left. Can't remember which one it is off the top of my head. Maybe Creme Brûlée?

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

Great plants!

Lavendargrrl, we have similar taste because I have Wheee!, Seducer, Hanky Panky, and Mini Skirt.
    Brandy, I also have Luna Moth, Rainbow's End and Cherry Berry.
    I only have just over 100 plants so that is quite a coincidence - don't you think? Or are they just the hosta that are 'in' right now?

• lavendargrrl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Paula, I also have Rainbow's End! Do you have a list of all of your hostas? I bet way have a lot more of the same :)

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

Yes, I have a list, it is in excel format. Shall I email it to you?