Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wee little NOID...

Posted by gabbygardner 05 (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 14:03

Here is another fun little hosta that I have no idea what the name is...as usual. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It has quite small leaves, and the plant isn't very big at all, maybe 8-10 inches across. I put it in my garden last year, so it could get much bigger, but I am not sure because I don't know the name to look it up:)

Photobucket

Close up of leaves:
Photobucket

Thanks again,

Gabby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wee little NOID...

Hard to say but look at Little White Lines, Allen P McConnell and Hi Ho Silver.

The top pic looks like Hi Ho and the bottom pic looks like the other two.

o

This is my Little White Lines.
Hosta12Apr237

o

Ginko Craig.

Steve

o

Photobucket

This is my Ginko Craig from last year. I was looking at the flattened variegated petiole and wonder if it is a bunch of seedlings of your Undulata Albomarginata. Is it something that you bought and planted?

Les

o

Les,

Ginko Craig as a juvenile has small lance shaped leaves as in the first two pictures. As it matures the leaves take on more width as in your picture. The juvenile form is sometimes kept that way by dividing.

Steve

o

This is one I bought and planted last year, or the fall of 2010. That fall I bought several at our nursery that we're kinda left behind and small. This may be one of those. I have never had my hosta close together enough that it could be a seedling, at least I don't think so;)

Thanks,

Gabby

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here