Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Spring Here!

Posted by harryshoe z6easternPA (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 14 at 14:17

It has to be spring 'cause the cherry tree is blooming, the mulch is down and the hosta are showing. My front lawn is dominated by a mature spreading Kwanzan Cherry which provides shade for my main hosta beds.

photo 32965c4a-ba90-42d0-8e2f-a112677ed6a0_zpsc87ab7ed.jpg

The front bed which was enlarged last fall.

photo DSC_0047_zps48679e41.jpg

The side bed with the giant stove pipe pips of Bressingham Blue, fiddle heads of a Cinnamon Fern, early opening June and a new piece of garden art (I lack self control in this area).

photo c1bd9d97-daa2-4f4a-8448-3f2b52233232_zps471a6024.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Spring Here!

Now we're talking...

Don B.

o

• Posted by Errant 8 SoCal Mountains (My Page) on
    Thu, May 8, 14 at 14:28

Wow, those practically look photoshopped in!

o

Beautiful! Your soil looks so rich. Love that cherry!

o

Lovely, looks so perfect.

Denis

o

Lovely, Garden Art included!

o

What do you mean,Harry? Spring was here way back in March! Lol! Nice garden area! My Kwanzan cherry got zapped by the April 15th freeze,just as the blossoms were coming out,so it was a bad year for it! Phil

o

I'm serious. I even put the snow shovels in the shed.

o

Stunning! Absolutely picture perfect! Gorgeous Cherry tree. Wow!

Do you win the neighbourhood best-lawn? :-)

Jo

o

You don't have deer issues in the yard? I didn't see a fence and all your pips look perfect with nary a bunny nibble! Can't wait to see fully unfurled pics in a month or so!

o

Harry, love the statue, it adds height to the garden. You are a more perfect gardener than I, totally different style. I could never achieve the look you do so beautifully.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here