Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharp Dressed Man...

Posted by hosta_freak z6 NC (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 14:38

This is the latest pic of Sharp Dressed Man. It shows it very well;you can't even see the hail damage,or dirt on it! Take a look. Phil

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharp Dressed Man...

Very nice! Thanks, Phil-that will be another that I'll have to add to my list! :)

o

Could you explain what kind of TLC may have been necessary to get it to thrive in that spot. Also, I would love another pic from a bit further away that includes the ferns. What kind of tree is that? I couldn't identify any leaves.
Christine

o

I'm impressed with it growing right up close and personal with that big tree as well. It sure looks happy.
Jan

o

Christine,that plant is right near the trunk of two huge Oak trees,which have grown together at the ground. As for TLC,my answer is,dig hole;plant hosta;water in;mulch,and walk away. Nature does the rest! The ferns in the background are just native ferns that grow everywhere in the woods. The hosta leaves to the right of SDM is Hanky Panky. Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here