Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Delta Dawn and Liberty, where are you growing yours??

Posted by CindyCRNA 6a (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 15:11

I thought I read that Delta Dawn was pretty sun tolerant but am not seeing that when I read the growing conditions on the label. For those of you who have it, how much sun is yours getting. How much for Liberty? It is such a pretty plant I want it to be in an optimal place. Considering potting this one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Delta Dawn and Liberty, where are you growing yours??

Give them sun. The labels are usually generic as far as shade tolerance goes. All of my Sagae family grow in full sun and grow wonderfully!

Dave

o

My Liberty is under a tree and has hardly grown at all in the past five years. I'm thinking I should move it.

o

My liberty used to be is quite a bit of shade and grew each year, but last year it got a lot more sun thanks to a large pine falling down and I think this year it looks like it has really benefited from the extra light last year. It doesn't get so much sun that the margins turn white, however. Mine always retain a yellow tinge.

I dont have a lot of sun anywhere in my garden. Delta Dawn moves around because it's in a pot, recovering from being cut all the way back after hail in 2010.

o

1/2 sun to 1/4 sun it is for both. Thank you all!

o

Half sun to mostly sunny for Liberty. It can definitely handle my NY sun, with a little burn at the edges by August. I've also found that it grows at a very healthy rate in sun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here