Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

H. 'Marrakech' - unfurling like a

...... calla lily spathe, don't you think? Photo taken today.

At what stage is your Marrakech today? Care to share?

Jo

Comments (9)

• User
    9 years ago

Ummmm, Jo.......
    I say, where is the picture, sweetie? :)

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oops, colour me sheepish! So sorry...wouldn't you know it?
    Mocc, you are gonna love this! :-)

Original Author
    9 years ago

Did I mention it was the first to unfurl this spring? The brightest star in the hosta kingdom here by far....and certainly fits the bill in the 10- foot category! but wait a week...things are really hopping here now!

Where are your Marrakeches??? If you don't have one, get one...it may not look like it, but it is not the slug magnet you'd think it is. It does green up a bit but the centre of the plant always stays a light chartreuse. A beautiful shape, attractively rippled with elegantly pointed tips and pronounced veining on a soft pale yellow plant.

"It is vigorous, won Best of Section at First Look, has thick, white wax on the back of the leaf which is unusual on yellow-leafed hostas. The red-dotted pink scapes and flower buds" ... really stand out on this small beauty.

I should have done my sales pitch in the intro but better late than never! :-)

Jo

This post was edited by josephines67 on Mon, May 19, 14 at 11:13

• mctavish6
    9 years ago

Very beautiful! Isn't this a magic time when things are changing by the hour?

• Gesila
    9 years ago

Beautiful. Kent sure has a way of producing those yellows. I love the white backs.

Gesila

Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm just going out again now - you're right Myrle! it is magical in the garden at this stage. . . I am constantly in awe of the beauty unfolding right before my eyes.

Gesila, the first time I actually became aware of white backs was with MM. I probably had some in the garden already but my awareness was not as acute as it has become lately.

• User
    9 years ago

It is a magic time, Myrle. I have a hard time coming inside because I might miss something. I am falling down tired every afternoon from the heavy physical labor to get the garden reorganized. Yesterday I placed the last of the tree rounds from the rotten pine (tall) stump we had to take down. A whole lot of mulch, but about 8 to 10 big fat rounds now in place with hosta pots on them, or a birdbath. I'm in heaven when I'm in the garden.The effort is every bit worth it.

Now I must get on with the bleachers in the south end of the garden.

Speaking of Marrakech, it is a pretty gold for sure. I think another one with the frilly leaves like that would be Nancy. It really surprised me this spring to see how gold it was. I expected something plain, but no way. Do you have one of those? And yes, Jo, I know you are pushing me toward Marrakech and it won't take much. I might have to wait for next spring, but it isn't too late to place another order. I just wanted to do right by the ones already here. They are simply superb this spring, and I cannot take my eyes off them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Too good to be true

• jadie88
    9 years ago

That is one striking hosta! Marrakech and Krugerrand are both "must haves" that I somehow never heard about before this spring.

• mbug_gw
    9 years ago

What a beauty!!!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio