Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Van den Top order arrived

Posted by stoc 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 14 at 15:32

So happy,these all went in the new bed I dug in the center of the yard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Van den Top order arrived

See the tape Ken?

I got:

Lakeside Shore master
Marilyn Monroe
Blue Mouse Ears
Guacamole--Yeah Don!
Queen of the Seas
Flemish Sky
Crumples--love this one.

I have another order coming from Fransens on Monday.Thanks enablers.

o

brilliant ...

i would have taped up higher.. right under the wide leaves ...

whats the deal with the boxes... do they keep their plastic pot..and just jam roots into a box???

those are some monster plants for the root mass provided ... hyperfert'd for sure... i wouldnt be surprised if they regress in size next year ....

wait.. are you soaking them in old milk cartoons or something??? .. mjolk??? ... man you guys will throw a j in anywhere .. lol ...

anyway.. congrats.. keep us posted.. thx for the pics ..

ken

ps: you know to let the tape fall off by itself.. right??? [that is for the newbs who dont understand] ... or should i say... tjape ... or jnewbs??? .. ok .. i am amusing myself.. forjive me ... lol ...i cant sjtop ... i hope you have a sense of jhumor ... crikjey ... OMGj ... just hjit send now ...

o

Nice grab there, James. And of course, a new bed just for them. Looking good, man!

If I remember correctly, you're an American, living in Sweden, rijht? ; )

Don B.

o

I have all of those except Marilyn and Crumples. How about a close up of Crumples. Not familiar with that one. Nice haul.

o

Wow but they are huge!! and very robust! I have all but Crumples...is that the dark green one on left in first pic? You will take close-up, please, yes? :-)

Bet you're excited!

Jo

o

They look huge James, How many eyes on the Flemish Sky?

I don't know how you could wait this long lol.

Nice new bed, daffs still going strong there i see, mine are just finished.

Have fun and enjoy them.

Denis

o

Ken
You are too funny.Of course I have a sense of humor,have to if you live here.They do put lots of j's in places.The extra 3 vowels are fun to try to pronounce(Not)åååääääöööö

Those are milk cartons,1 liter ones that I soak the roots in.The roots are all tied up from shipping and I had to jam them in the containers.They do have great root systems.Tried to find a pic of last years order with roots but can't find it.

Don you got it right an American in Sweden.

Denis I will go and count the pips.

Yes Crumples is on the right.My friend thought it looked like wrinkled spinach.

I have a pic of it after planting and watering.
Will take another one.

This post was edited by stoc on Sat, May 17, 14 at 6:28

o

Stoc, LOVE LOVE LOVE your URN. It is quite dandy.
And that big frosty blue, it looks like an AGAVE plant with the pointy leaves. It has to be the Flemish Sky?

Great hostas you have there. I'm with Jo, the Crumples is very interesting. I thought Tiajuana Brass was crumpled up but this one beats it.

Cannot wait to see your next order. Just like Christmas again.

o

What a great order you've got there, stoc. Enjoy your new plants! Please keep us posted on their progress. 😃

o

Denis,it's taped up but I think it has 6 eyes.Kind of hard to tell.

Mocc--I love the urn too,got it on clearance this Spring.
Have a baby tree fern in it-am waiting for my garden center to get some big ones in.They are truly gorgeous .Dicksonia Antartica.The fronds can get 3 meters long and it can take cold to -10 C.

o

For something that big, it takes a sizeable weighty container to stand up. Mercy, now I know that big urn is not only pretty but heavy! The plant is so untropical, yet it comes across as the same exotic style of plant. Will it be leafed out during the time hosta are in their glory?Must look it up out of curiosity.

o

Very nice-looking bunch of hostas you got there. Enjoy them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here