Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Just grabbed Pewterware!

caliloo
11 years ago

Only one hosta purchase today - PEWTERWARE! One I have been looking for since last year. YAY! And since I saw them in person, I got the one with the most reddish glow...

Alexa

Comments (10)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

where did you grab it.. and should you really be bragging about it.. maybe he thought it was a little to personal ????

good to see you back on the GW ..

ken

• caliloo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL Ken! You are the reason I am back ;-) I had to get a big dose of your sense of humor LOLOLOL! And I grabbed it at a local hosta nursery :-) And loaded up on herbs while I was there LOLOLOL!

Alexa

• hosta-see
    11 years ago

Looks like Purple Haze to me. went to HL and looked up Pewterware and it says nothing about having purple in it?

Gary

• caliloo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hmmmm. you may be right. I will need to talk to the nursery owner tomorrow.

Alexa

• Cindy Johnston
    11 years ago

Here is a pic of my Pewterware. I don't see any purple in it.

• User
    11 years ago

What color of sunshades were you wearing anyway? :)

If you've wanted it for a long time, seeing it in a purple haze when you've loaded up on herbs doesn't count and won't be held against you. :)

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Yep, I think it's Purple Haze. Here's my 2nd year PH:

• caliloo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay - in my defense (besides that I am blonde and a mommy) is that after looking at thousands of hostas, this is the one that I liked the look of most. I was at a local wholesale place where I know the owner and we had been talking about all sorts of plants. AND it seems it was on my list froma few years ago - just had the name wrong.... I had even commented on that in the linked post! Anyway, I like it a lot :-)

Alexa

Here is a link that might be useful: purple haze link from a few years ago.

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Alexa, don't feel bad. I thought it looked like Purple Haze when I first saw your post so I took Pewterware off my list since I already had Purple Haze.... never crossed my mind that it wasn't Pewterware.

• User
    11 years ago

Duhhhh, I just made the connection to the purple in the leaf of Purple Haze. Actually not in this thread, but in the HL profile of the PURPLE plant names (looking for HostaLes).
    And that's when I saw IT.

I guess its taking spot #4 on next year's list. But if I got it this fall, it would wake up at home next spring, ready to grow......

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler