Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantgnome

�Tokudama Aureonebulosa�

plantgnome
11 years ago

my half pint �Tokudama Aureonebulosa�. planted 9/11.

Comments (14)

• hostaLes
    11 years ago

Planted June 2009: my 'Toku..dam...a Au....reo.......nebu.................ZZZZZZZZZZZ snort ZZZZZZZZZZZ snort ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Wake me when it grows up, if ever!

Les

As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words".

• plantgnome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh thought it would get bigger than that-supposedly at least 3 feet wide. Well its cute anyway. Won't be worrying if mine doesn't get to its full size.

• hostaLes
    11 years ago

Hey gnome - is that 911 like on Sept. 11 or 9/11 like on Sept. 2011? Neither would surprise me.

Les

• tepelus
    11 years ago

Mine keeps shrinking closer every year into nothingness.

Karen

• hostaLes
    11 years ago

Mine is smaller than when I bought it but has begun to grow. They don't like to be moved - period. If you move one you will probably have it regress for a couple-three years and then begin to grow again. This has happened 3 out of 3 times. If mine grows and becomes crowded, everything around it is going to be moved. T. Aureonebulosa stays put. lol

I would LOVE to hear from someone who has had the opposite experience with T. Aureonebulosa. A mature one is a sight to behold. I grew one in Arkansas and left it there rather than trying to move it 550 miles south to north. I figured I would probably have killed it if I tried to move it.

Les

• plantgnome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL-a shrinking Hosta-Well I dare not move it. It will stay where I first planted it. It has grown larger from what I received as a half pint. Crossing my fingers, hope I'll be the one to let you know if mine becomes a nice size when mature.

• hostamo
    11 years ago

Here's mine planted in 2006. Has just started showing good growth in the last couple years.

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Mo,

That Tokudama Aureo is just gorgeous. Worth waiting for.

Steve

• waistdeep
    11 years ago

Wasn't performing and moved to this spot fall 2009.

One for perspective.

Steve

• weekendweeder
    11 years ago

Those photos from hostamo and waistdeep persuaded me to plant some heuchera Electric Lime beside my Tokudama Aureonebulosa! Gorgeous.

• hostahillbilly
    11 years ago

A nororious slow grower, I suspect if falls into my 'blue hosta in too much shade' group. The ones we tried under a heavy shade Red Pine plantation diminished. Now I have one that gets plenty of morning sun and will try to remember to take and post a picture.

It's beautiful enough to keep trying, methinks!

hh

• dray67
    11 years ago

Hostamo that is a very handsome hosta.

• sally_grower
    11 years ago

This one is a grandpa, and this picture is from 2008. He's a little broader now. I bought him in 1994, planted him here. Every once in a while I take off some eyes because the roots grow in between the rock and the plastic that is under the rock and just lift out....really strange, but sure an easy way to get new starts.

• plantgnome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow all of your hostas look gorgeous-hope mine get to put on a show like all of yours. Considering I bought a half pint it will take even longer to get to a decent size. I'm transplanting some tiarella that is going bananas next to it today. I tried Kasandra heuchera but it melted away.