Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paula_b_gardener5bon

Whoops-I couldn't help myself I bought some...*Pic Heavy*

As I am out of space, I wasn't going to buy anymore this year - yeah right.

There are some good older hostas that I don't have and I thought that I should, as well as a few more...

Albo Picta
{{gwi:998810}}

Aureomarginata
{{gwi:998812}}

Bressingham Blue
{{gwi:998813}}

Brother Stefan
{{gwi:998815}}

Calico Mouse Ears
{{gwi:998817}}

Dream Queen
{{gwi:998819}}

First Frost - for my sister because 'everyone' should have one
{{gwi:998821}}

Frozen Margarita
{{gwi:998822}}

Lakeside Cindy Cee
{{gwi:998854}}

Lakeside Surfrider
{{gwi:998855}}

Masquerade
{{gwi:998856}}

Neptune
{{gwi:998858}}

Raspberry Sundae
{{gwi:998859}}

Regal Splendor
{{gwi:998860}}

Ruffed Up
{{gwi:998861}}

Sparkler

Victory

Wheaton Blue and Yankee Blue

Hope you enjoyed, I am hoping that some of my hostas will soon be ready to take photos of...Liberty is looking good for her third year.

Comments (10)

• User
    9 years ago

Lovely photos, lovely plants. However, the LINKED photos did not show up at Photobucket. Just a blank where photo supposed to appear. Don't know why, cannot imagine.

You made some good choices, get em all! They will grow nicely for you.

I like the way the tall white containers display the Wheaton Blue and Yankee Blue. They make a good pair.

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Moccasin. Which photos are missing? Also I have only placed the nursery pots inside of the ceramic one for now. I might leave them like that; I will see if they are happy.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Paula, where did you get these? They are amazing in size! VERY nice haul there! Our Sparklers are twins! :-)
    Raspberry Sundae is huge! L. Surfrider is such a nice blue and shape.
    What can I say? I love them all! :-)

Hosta therapy is better than any other retail therapy I know of, bar none!

• hostanista
    9 years ago

Nice haul, Paula! You'll find room, don't worry.... really loving the Dream Queen - it's been on my list for 2 years, I don't know what the heck I'm waiting for. This year for sure! Good luck with your new babies.

• santamiller
    9 years ago

Great pickups! Raspberry Sundae and Dream Queen are my favorites in that group.

• timhensley
    9 years ago

Raspberry Sundae has been on my list but I have no home for it. Nice haul.

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone.

Josephine, it is a combination of a few places that I have been to this spring:

Lakeside Surf Rider - Goldenbrook Hostas
    Raspberry Sundae - Greenbank Garden Centre
    Sparkler - was also at Greenbank. I thought the size was good on this one, too. I don't mind paying a bit extra for bigger hostas but it was only $12.99. RS was $22.99 but I had to have it.
    Dream Queen - WalMart $6.97 (shhhhh) - I will keep it separate which is easier to do now that I have to use pots.

• Gesila
    9 years ago

Your put your pictures in awesome order, they just kept getting better and better. What a great build-up!!!

Ditto on that Raspberry Sundae. I'm going to have to move my puny one that I've had for three years.

Your Lakeside Cindy Cee may be small now, but it is an awesome hosta, and a pretty good grower.

I swore I was done buying hostas last year, but I've managed to get a few more than a few already this year. I was good today, I bought shoes and clothes instead of hostas!

Gesila

My DH had to get Neptune. I haven't decided where to put it but my initial thoughts are to put it in a pot.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Awesome, Paula. Great choices. I'm glad you can get those locally. My area has the worst local vendors. Probably garden centers in Phoenix, AZ have better/more hosta choices than around here.

Whine, whine, whine for me...But happy for you. : )
    Don B.

• mbug_gw
    9 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Nice haul!!!

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County