Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two Day Binge Extended to Three Days

Posted by Gesila MI Z5 (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 14 at 16:42

Walter's Gardens had a plant sale in their parking lot today. The proceeds from the sale went to to Paradise Bound Ministries to help fund a trip to Haiti where they will be helping rebuild damage caused by the earthquake.

The total bill came to $42. I rounded up and wrote the check for $45. Here's what I got:

These were $1.00 each:
2 American Heros (2 eyes each)
5 Junes (1 eye each)
3 Devil's Advocates (1 with 2 eyes and 2 with single eyes)
3 After Glows (singe eyes)
5 Rain Forest Sunrise (2 eyes each)
2 Liberties (single eyes)
2 Fragrant Blues (single eyes)

These were $5.00 each:

2 Hudson Bays
2 Seducers

I gave most of them away as gifts. These are the 2 After Glow's and Devil Advocates I kept for myself:
 photo WaltersGardens20140524_zpsd1b60a2b.jpg

Both Seducer's were at least 7 or 8 eyes each, here's the one I kept, it's larger than the one that has been in my garden for three years:
 photo Seducer20140524_zpsf3f297c5.jpg

Here's the Hudson Bay I kept. The one I gave to a friend was slightly larger.
 photo HudsonBay20140524_zps096a3565.jpg

Gesila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two Day Binge Extended to Three Days

WOW! What a haul! Wish I lived closer.

o

What a great deal! The plants all look like they are a good size.
Vanessa

o

• Posted by mbug 6 NJ (My Page) on
    Sun, May 25, 14 at 0:32

Like!

o

Boy that Hudson Bay is huge. All of them look great.

I hope lots of folks take advantage of the sale, for a good cause and some fun gifting something worth having to others.

o

I gave my mom three Junes and three Rain Forest Sunrises. I couldn't get her to take the Hudson Bay home. I got a call from her later in the evening telling me that she now wanted Hudson Bay. She was so happy with the ones she planted, she wanted more! I think I might have enabled her!

Gesila

o

Great haul! Wish I could luck out on deals like that, with hostas I could count on as being HVX free.

o

I am GREEN with hosta envy! Wow, what a Seducer! I just bought one with 2 eyes.

o

Gesila, Looks like you hit the jackpot! Nice plants! It's nice to see I am not the only one with no self-control.

Linda

o

Gesila, Excellent buys and I am pretty much drooling over those beauties. I am only 3 hours away and visit MI from time to time and I should plan to visit Walters Garden. I have been trying to find out more but their website really does not show they are open for retails.

Talking about enablers. There are so many of you here in this forum. Thank you.
Vivian

o

wow all great plants. I have bought hostas as gifts also. I love to surprise myself with the gift of hosta. Paula

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here