Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

H. 'Rocket's Red Glare'

After Funnthsun's thread on Mr. Solberg's new hosta, I had red petioles on the brain! So much so that I drove to two different nurseries looking for these "pets" but in reality also looking for my Top Gun winner 'On Stage'! as submitted by Paula/ilovetogrow. :-)

I am having the dickens of a time finding one! Hosta Fever didn't have any but is working on my behalf ... none of the nurseries I frequent have any, such as Ego's, Botanix or Garden Gallery. Perhaps I'll get lucky and Vanessa may have one for me in June? :-). It is important I find one ASAP. Yes, I can order one but want to choose my own in person.

Now, I did find the subject of this thread today - as a matter of fact, I bought two! This hosta is a beauty and I know some of you have one or two. I love the shiny green colour, the wavy margins, the red pigment on both sides of the leaf and cannot wait for the red stemmed flower scapes which grow in a horizontal manner. I invite you to post your pics and any comments you may wish to share.

Does anyone have a mature one? All pics welcome, please!

Here are a few pics.

Jo

Comments (10)