Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jewel of the Nile reversion or what?

Posted by franknjim 5b Peoria IL (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 12 at 17:29

I bought this on opening day at Hornbaker Gardens. It was on the clearance bench. Four bucks. Things were just starting to unfurl so there wasn't much to look at. After looking at the HL photos of JOTN, it looks like it can be unstable as shown in most of the photos of it. I checked the db and it shows JOTN as a sport of Dee's Golden Jewel which is from a 'Royal Standard' by 'Galaxy' cross. It states that DGJ can take a lot of sun which is good for where I will be planting it. I have had this sitting in heavy shade since bringing it home so hopefully it will be more yellow in a sunnier spot.

It has 9-10 vp, leaves are 4" x 6". What do you think?
JOTN

JOTN

JOTN

Here is a link that might be useful: Jewel of the Nile on HL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jewel of the Nile reversion or what?

Looks like Dee's Golden Jewel to me

Alexa

o
RE: Jewel of the Nile reversion or what?

i have taken more DGJ off of JoN than i ever had JoN ...

and am tired of it .... and dee can eat jewel.. and be done with it ...

today.. i declare.. jewel of the Nile is a piece of carp ...

there.. i said it..

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here