Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavendargrrl

Today is my hostaversary!

lavendargrrl
9 years ago

It was 10 years ago on Mother's Day that I went on my first hosta shopping adventure. I went to Hosta Farm in Pittsboro, NC - a nursery that is no longer around. I had absolutely no clue what I was getting myself into, LOL. I was shocked to see the variety that was available. I guess before that fateful day I just thought there were two kinds of hostas - the green ones and the green and white ones! Needless to say, I left the nursery with a Honda CRV loaded full of hostas and ferns. I had plants in the floorboards, the passenger seat, and the entire back. I built up my collection for several years and I had over 200 different varieties. I took a break from buying too many new plants for a few years, and my life was very busy with other activities like new nieces and travel. Recently the plants were calling my name. Working in the garden is like therapy for me, and my gardens are in need of some serious TLC. I am going to keep working at it to get everything looking nice again. Last year we got so much rain, and my garden certainly benefited. I am so happy that I have found my rhythm again and reconnected with nature in this way. The enthusiasm of all of you on this board is contagious! Thanks for all of the photos you share, the wisdom you impart, and the help with IDing my plants when I can't recall their names!

Comments (10)