Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Three ways to combine yellow margin/green middle

Posted by moccasinlanding z9A AL (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 14 at 18:07

Look at this combination of 3 hosta.
All have yellow margins and green midleafs. They are not reverses like the June/Teatime/EnglishSunrise trio.

Each of these has a different approach to a great color combination. Summer Breeze, Luna Moth, Goodness Gracious.
IMG_20140513_091222

Do you have any more to show? I think the nicest feature about growing in POTS, is the opportunity to shuffle things around and notice similarities and differences. Side by side, you see the differences, even with totally green plain hosta. You can always spot something if you look closely....like maybe one has less substance and more slug bites. Or a white back. Or some spots on the petioles....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Three ways to combine yellow margin/green middle

An interesting one I just did accidentally. Sweet Innocence and Fragrant Queen. (These are very young, Fragrant Queen will to be dark green.)

bk

o
RE: Three ways to combine yellow margin/green middle

Bk, I was just wondering how Sweet Innocence and Fragrant Queen compare...I love the look of FQ!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here