o
Elvis Lives

Posted by lavendargrrl 7b Apex, NC (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 14 at 18:37

I think I've got this one ID'd right.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elvis Lives

Looks like a young one. Pretty form and color on that hosta. One of my favs of all time. Here is one about a decade later.

o

Here is mine from last year, it is about 5 years old. Yes, I am still waiting for everything to grow so that I can take pics from this year. I want to post a pic of 'something' so I am not waiting anymore and so you have to view 2013!

Elvis Lives photo 102.jpg

o

Flowerchild, mine has probably been in the ground for 6 years, but my hosta bed has been neglected for a few years. It needs some TLC, and could probably benefit from moving some plants around as well.

Lovely specimens, Paula and flowerchild!

o

Thank you for saying so, even if it is only a 2013 :)

o

Paula, I bet it'll be even more beautiful this year :)

o

All I know so far is that it is alive as some pips are starting to show :) definitely a good sign and a good sight for sore, winter weary eyes.

o

This hosta is fantastic. What a beautiful color, and the growth habit is wonderful. About the worst-named hosta ever, though! (Hey, that sounds like a new thread).

Don B.

o

My 'Elvis Lives' are also doing wonderfully. I actually planted 2 together for instant satisfaction, but then pulled them apart and have now two big clumps, all in 5 years. One grows in an area where another had crown rot, not this one. The other grows very well next to a 'Spilt Milk' and a 'Lakeside Cha Cha' which are decreasing in size.

o

Bern, i'm glad that the plant is doing so well for you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here