Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paula_b_gardener5bon

Okay, two more but that is all!...for now

:) Like Josephine says, it is a little retail therapy.
Stained Glass

{{gwi:1002680}}

Vulcan
{{gwi:1002682}}

Comments (8)

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Excellent. It's OK, you put a good disclaimer in the title of your post. "For now..."

Whine, whine, whine (Me, not you)

Don B.

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    9 years ago

I love retail therapy and I'm not just talking hostas!

Looks like you are getting a bunch of nice new plants! That's always exciting!

Linda

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, yes retail anything therapy is great :)

I have purchased them over the past 2-3 weeks; I thought I would post them all at the same time. Now I am repotting them using the 'recipe' and trying to find homes for them all. I bought 15 new pots, too but that isn't enough, I will set some of the nursery pots in the ground so that the hostas look like they are planted in the ground.

It would be so much easier if I had room for a new hosta bed!

• almosthooked zone5
    9 years ago

I guess I need therapy too . We ( actually me with my husband skid steer) made an extention on my behind the house Hosta bed. It is bigger then the original one but it "tied it in". Myrle came when I was gone and she calls it my last last last bed..... for now that is! What a big bit of therapy!

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

I did the same thing a few days ago. I swore I wasn't buying anymore. Then Ludi enabled me. I went for the Wolverine and came home with it and two more. I'm hopeless. These are such beautiful hosta, and in Dallas, no less.

bk

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Ooh, more hosta! I'm drooling here. Paula, look at you go! Your hosta choices have been really nice - but I'm trying not to react and google them for more pics, because we all know what comes next, don't we?

Bkay, terrific photography by the way! Yay, you got into the Wolverine act! It is a stunner. I got mine in 2011 and I've really loved having it and watching it grow into such a beauty. I was showing it off proudly last year. Sadly, it died over the winter. I still don't have the heart to throw it out. I look at the pot every day...maybe tomorrow? I picked up a replacement last week. Can't live without it once you've had it. Yours are quite large, why am I not surprised? You have the right idea, girl - "go big or go home", right? Lol

Jo

• User
    9 years ago

I hear you, BKay, blame it on Ludi since he is not around often, and only smiles when he is credited as an Enabler.

How many are there, five or more? I love your NBC and Wolverine, my goodness girl, you had a momentary lapse of reason? A Pink Floyd Moment?

When they are right there in front of you, pretty hard to not take them home. I'd have done the same thing. Good show, BKay!

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I really like Wolverine.
    pic from last year
    {{gwi:1002683}}