Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_in_colorado

05/15 In The Backyard (Pic Heavy)

don_in_colorado
9 years ago

Hi all,

A few more pics, some nice, some downright ugly...

Dream Queen is alive, always a good start...

Comments (28)

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Paul's Glory came up single-eyed, but what an eye it is.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Climax

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Great Expectations

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sea Monster, with a flowerscape already! You'd think I was in Mobile or something... ; )

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Blue Hawaii, hail-smacked a little bit

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sentimental Journey, hail-smacked a lot

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Fragrants looking like carp from hail or still not leafed out, for the most part.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Golden Meadows

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sum and Substance

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Gosan Sunproof

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I can get some Satisfaction

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Journey's End got smacked around a little bit; Nice size increase from last season, though

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

DeLuxe Edition. Boo hoo. Hail bad.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Spartacus has looked better. Six eyes emerging compared to two last year, though. He'll be back for nice pics soon.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Silver Bay

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Pretty Gosan Sunproof, Don. Golden Meadows I could keep staring at...darn hail messing with your babies! Things are unfurling all over. I went around today - more pips, quite a few unfurling..took pics...sigh...I'm happy like you must be, posting pics of our favourite things!

Is that a fluke with the flower scape so early? Mobile, indeed lol. :-)

• gardenweed_z6a
    9 years ago

Hard to believe my hostas are so far behind yours considering we're in the same climate zone. Most of my no-name plants are nearly full--I divided a few that are likely the common green with a slim white edge and planted them around the base of my crabapple tree this morning.

One of my oh-so-carefully designed hosta beds is slowly waking up but the plants haven't leafed out yet, including multiples of Dream Weaver, a Captain Kirk, Revolution, Krossa Regal & Regal Splendor.

This is a shot taken 2-3 years ago of my full shade bed, north side of the house--Krossa Regal (center left); Regal Splendor (center right):

{{gwi:198699}}

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, the ajuga is looking splended this year!

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Key West with the sweet woodruff

• User
    9 years ago

I happened to read something about them being late emerging, the fasciated scape thingy, Jo, you remember that, when they send up the scape because they are really late emerging. Or that is what I got out of it.

Remember that Fair Maiden had a short scape with the first eye that opened on mine? And honest to goodness, that little hosta is GORGEOUS! It reminds me of a tiny Sagae or something like that, such a beautiful creamy white margin and every eye perfect. I cannot believe it is a small. YOU put me on to Fair Maiden, Don, just like Peter The Rock, and Mr. Watson. Both of those arrived today

VERY pleased to see you getting some green in your garden. I love to see how hosta grow in other places. Especially when I'm not the one doing the manual labor. :)

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lakeside Roy El

• coll_123
    9 years ago

Sorry about the hail, Don. Hopefully you won't get any more of that- I have no doubt the damage will not be at all noticeable as the season progresses.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yesterday's Memories. I can already tell it's going to be a favorite.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Katie Q

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Queen of the Seas. Really, it is.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No variegation yet, but I believe this is my Sum of All.

Thanks for looking,
    Don B.

• lavendargrrl
    9 years ago

Don, your garden has been through a lot this spring and fared pretty well in spite of it all! The ones with hail damage will get new leaves and recover quick since it's so early in the season. Thanks for sharing the progress in CO!

• User
    9 years ago

Don, ole Squash Casserole has put out some great sports. I LOVE Yesterday's Memories. I also cannot wait for Key Lime Pie to show its true nature. Mine has the basic shape and way of holding its leaves that is so characteristic of Squash C. AND YMemories. If I have the space, that is another trio of hosta that I will need to locate together somehow. Heck, they will cover some acreage when mature!

Cannot wait to see your garden in another week. My problem is not taking the pictures, it is TAGGING them with the names!