Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

My Hosta really helped ME today...

leafwatcher
10 years ago

I went down to my Moms to work today .. I knew the last in a long line of storms had brought down a branch... Well that branch was the size of a 30 foot tree.. It came off a MONSTER of a tree. I cut it up with a chainsaw and hauled it to the now giant burn pile on the bush hog cutter behind the John Deere Tractor.

Looked at the bush hog and the giant steel bracing that holds the large pivot wheel had broke a 3 inch weld.. battled the bent metal back together and did a decent weld on it, fixed ...

My mom tells me the sewer is plugged again, we have spent thousands on it the last couple years ... I had to go up on the roof and with a long flat wire ram it clear through the air vent. This old house doesn't really have an EASY way to clear it out . Finally after a half hour, got it fixed...

Went into the basement cleaned up the mess ...

The pond (50 foot across) that I have been working in all spring in waste deep water drained again. it has a tough spot to fix where the overflow goes thru the dam. still broke

Then as I mowed a HUGE storm came up west of my moms, You can see nearly 15-20 miles from my Moms place, and I could tell where I live is was getting hammered, the radio was saying 70 mph winds...

Well the day nearly broke me mentally and physically, Missing my ole Pop didn't help.

When I finally got home the Hosta were fine, covered with big drops of water, I just walked slowly by them for about half an hour. It really did help me ... there is no doubt gardens are therapeutic ....

Comments (7)