Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics from my garden (pic heavy)

Posted by don_r Z 5 (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 12 at 20:01

Here are some pics from my garden today...

Pride and Joy (Rawson 2011)
Pride and Joy

Peter Ruh
Peter Ruh

Arisaema triphyllum 'Starburst'
Arisaema triphyllum 'Starburst'

June
June

Gift of Gold (D. Beilstein NR)
Gift of Gold

Gift of Gold
Gift of Gold

Jekyll and Hide (Rawson NR - reverse sport of Rhino Hide)
Jekyll and Hide

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics from my garden (pic heavy)

Don - I wouldn't have expected any less from you than perfection. I was going to ask how you repair you leaves so holes aren't visible. Then I saw one hole in June. We can't hardly be perfect, right? (lol)

Very nice hostas, colors and photos. Thanks

Les

o

That Gift of Gold .. WOW !!!some serious color and presence..

Photobucket

o

Don, love that Jekyll and Hide. The leaves on my Rhino Blue are very thick, they seem thicker than my Rhino Hide.

Gesila

o

Don, as usual, beautiful plants!

Deanna

o

Beautiful!

o

Don, Your plants look great. Rob

o

They are all beautiful, but Gift of Gold has stolen my heart.

o

Pride and Joy is stunning. When will it be available?

It will be interesting to watch that Jekyll and Hide grow up. When will it be available?

You have some really great hosta! We really appreciate you taking the time to share them with us.

o

Totally beautiful, just beautiful.

And HostaLes, the French were the ones who believed that perfect beauty was sort of boring, and they are the ones who invented "beauty marks", like small moles etc, imperfections which made beauty that much more exquisite, and unique. (Might have led to caricature as well, like Bette Davis Eyes.)

Every perfect plant would be alike. The same. And, my DH tells me that in engineering there is something called "sameness death" --so that if it is all leveled out, all the same, then we have a "flatliner" situation. And I personally don't want to flat line any time soon.

So Don's plant has a beauty mark, I betcha.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here