Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trouble in paradise...

Posted by leafwatcher zone 5 (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 20:09

Went behind the garage today and noticed my Kiwi Full Monty had some leaves down :( I walk over and 5 petioles had apparently been bitten down about 3 inches above the ground, Most were still attached, but ruined... So I cut them off.
One leaf had a missing piece the size of a book of matches off the end.
It happened this afternoon because the plant was fine earlier today. I know I have a baby rabbit in the back yard, but I have my fence sealed up well enough I don't see many adult ones...

It only hit one eye, but didn't eat every stem off...you would think if it didn't like the first taste, the second thru fifth wouldn't be any better.

the live trap is set ......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trouble in paradise...

thats awful, get him!

o
RE: Trouble in paradise...

I actually just saw the neighborhoods most determined cat back in the yard, he is a heck of a hunter, he even has markings like a big cat, never seen one quite like him.

I have a squirrel house 15 foot up one tree, I have caught him twice up there waiting for his chance... he is no slacker..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here