donrawson

Pics from my garden (page 3)

donrawson
11 years ago

Crambe cordifolia

streaked breeder

Polar Moon

Color Revolt (Rawson 2011)

American Blue Wrinkles (Wade NR) - this is going to be a wonderful hosta! Dark blue, heavily-puckered leaves that are cupped downward...

American Blue Wrinkles

Wide Brim streaked

{{gwi:1005234}}

When I Dream (Rawson NR)

{{gwi:1005235}}

A Many-splendored Thing

A Many-splendored Thing

Jack of Diamonds

Ocean's Fury (Rawson NR) - this is the bluest hosta I grow

Comments (15)

• jeremywalsh
    11 years ago

Awesome! I have been on the fence about Jack of Diamonds, but I think you just put me over the top!

JW

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing, Don. Beautifully grown specimens. Do you have anything coming out soon? Blue Rhino?

Steve

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Don, are those the Color Revolts that were over there by the Pride and Joy we got? They are looking good!

Gesila

• leafwatcher
    11 years ago

So many things I am not used to seeing ! all of them incredible !

• User
    11 years ago

Don, I guess I am about to reach a new plateau in hosta appreciation, going out of 101 into the next level, because I felt about your Color Revolt like I did the first time I stood in front of a real honest to God Monet painting at the Art Institute of Chicago....less than two feet away from a canvas touched by that master color and light artist. What a thrill.

Color Revolt is breath taking.

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Anyone reccognize this one from Don's post? It seems to have found a new home :)

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Did you visit him last night and bring a shovel?

Steve

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Steve, you don't need a shovel in Don's garden, a pitchfork works!

Gesila

• hosta_freak
    11 years ago

Does he know you now have his hosta? Lol!! Phil

• bkay2000
    11 years ago

Plants are beauiful.

What does NR mean?

bkay

• Gesila
    11 years ago

NR = Not registered.

• User
    11 years ago

Gesila, that strange car driving by after dark with the Alabama tags, pay no attention it is just some lost soul.

That Color Revolt is awesome. You are so fortunate.
    Will it be one he keeps to register and make available one day...before I turn totally senile and forget everything?

New home for that gorgeous thing! How cool is that!

• gayle0000
    11 years ago

Your Jack of Diamonds is fabulous! I bought that about 8-9 years ago and left it behind at my last house...wonder often how it's doing. I just may have to get another one.
    Gayle

• User
    11 years ago

Goodness, I have to bring this forward for folks to see Color Revolt if nothing else. I've lusted after that plant.

It is good to note that a certain hybridizer keeps showing up in the things you find beautiful. Some hosta which are soul satisfying unbeknownst to me turn out to be connected to a person who posts here just like everyone else, but what we don't know is he is a mildmannered man until he goes into that phone booth...and comes out as the caped crusader to leap tall bushes in a single bound, etc etc.
    I think he must put some kryptonite into the leaves of some hosta he coaxes from the gene pool....like Rhino Hide, which I had to have....and gave it as a present before I realized I could grow it here.....and now I see that my secret love, Color Revolt, is another one of his.

Sometimes superman is just like the guy next door. Awesome.

• chris-e
    11 years ago

I agree with everything everyone has said about Color Revolt! I swore that I have no room for any more, but that one will make me break my pledge.

chris