Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandys_garden

Birthday hosta #2... NBC

brandys_garden
9 years ago

I didn't get her at the garden center on Hwy 76, I went by C of O's garden center and got her. She looks like Fire and Ice to me, though. However, Ed says he thinks that is only because she was scrunched up and once she relaxes, the leaves will go back to normal and the bottom leaves aren't twisted like F & I and are more like NBC, he says.
I potted her and Orange Marmalade and it's a good thing I did, too... They overwatered NBC big time at C of O! They have water going on some of them constantly??? I asked them why?? I told them it causes root rot and mold and crown damage. They said they didn't know that. I said "Yea, they only need to be watered maybe once a week right now." I do every other day in the high heat of summer. But only every other day at most. It has been really HOT here, too, though. But, anyway NBC indeed had root rot and mold. I removed it and got the good and healthy roots cleaned with bleach. She still has a lot of good and healthy roots so I think I got to her just in time. *Knock on wood*

Comments (2)