Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally got a camera

Posted by GaryZ6Ohio none (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 14 at 20:49

I finally bought a digital camera and thought I would try my hand at downloading a picture to this site. Here goes....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally got a camera

Ta-Daaa! There you go...Hey, as a first pic, this looks promising, Gary. Seeing a nice garden with a whole bunch of cool hostas.

Don B.

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Fri, May 16, 14 at 21:34

And this forum is the reason I first bought a digital camera too! Be sure to save those photos somewhere and also on a back up (DVD or portable memory, or cloud or something). Hooray for you!

-Babka

o

Congrats! GREAT first picture...it will be nice to have the pics for yourself, too. Be sure to take pics of each hosta and save it with the name so that in the dreary winter months, you can add to the hosta alphabet activities!!!

o

Be careful Gary... when you only need batteries and not film you are gonna be taking a LOT more pictures ! ;)

o

Good job, Gary. Be sure to set the DATE correctly, so you can keep track of the development of your garden.

Now there will be no stopping you. Go on, go around the bend. You'll find that's where we are too! :)

o

Congratulations Gary. You are totally hooked now!

I love how you lined all your pots up, it makes the garden look nice and neat. You've given me a great idea!

Gesila

o

Nice display - great first pic post!

o

Maybe I have stumps on the brain these days, but I just noticed you left your stump too. And using it as a pot stand. Good for you. I had my "tall" one cut down yesterday to a short one, since it was already a hazard to myself and the hosta nearby.

o

Thanks for the kind words and gentle prodding. Here's a picture of the front yard's corner bed.

o

Nice, Gary! Great mix of hostas and complimentary companions. I wish most of my neighbors' front yards looked like yours. Including mine. : )

Don B.

P.S. The pair with the white margins; what are they? Thanks.

o

Very nice Gary and pictures are so much fun so the more you take the better ! The ones you don't like are so easy to delete and just the battery wears down . bought recharging batteries for mine and that solved that problem. I may have to get a new one soon as the shutter sometimes doesn't want to open the lens but then again, it still takes okay pictures, Maybe not super professional but not really that bad either.
Congrats anyway and have fun clicking!

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sat, May 17, 14 at 22:58

Somehow, I don't think that photo was taken on 1-1-2010. REPROGRAM the date on your camera!!!! Even here were there are no freezes, hostas don't look like that on January first. OBTW, that photo is beautiful.

-Babka

o

Don, the center hosta is a Sagae, while the smaller one to the left is a Zippity Do Dah. These are just unfurling now and are not at their full size yet.

o

Gary, simply spectacular, especially for New Years Day. You are like me, the date keeps getting messed up anyway...so why bother.

Jon

o

Jon, I took a series of pictures the first day that I got the camera, before I figured out how to reprogram the date. I finally figured that out, or at least I think I have. Any pictures that I post from that first series will be January hostas. Oh, if it could only be true!

o

Gary,

If it doesn't set and reset itself automatically it is on the wrong time and date at my house.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here