Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NOID Help Please

Posted by muktowngal Z5 WI (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 20:49

Here is a plant I purchased at the end of 2010. I thought I wrote it down but, I didn't -- Can you help me id please. It is the hosta behind the tree... Hosta in front is Revolution. Hosta to the side Crusader.
From 20012-05-15 Id

Here is a closer photo

From 20012-05-15 Id

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NOID Help Please

Off topic id here..But I definitely need help.I believe I may have purchased this as a heritage plant but I am not sure that is just not a weed. This photo was taken when it was blooming last July. I know that you very knowledgeable gardeners will be able to help me out. The 3 leaf plant in bloom.
From 2011-07-24 host need id

o

Young hostas like yours are often hard to id, especially since you provide no hint of its size. A pen, ruler, or even your hand in the picture could give us some perspective. My guess is that you might have Paul's Glory. You should see changes over time, and you should take note of the date and color of the blossoms. A pic later in the season might help.

Somebody else will have to help with the vine: remember one person's weed is another person's wildflower.

Steve

o

'Paul's Glory' was my first thought.
Gloria

o

Gal,

A large number of 3 leafed plants turn out to be poison ivy. That plant looks like it has a vining habit. If it has little hairy roots extending from the stems, then that's what it is. Cover your skin when examining it.

Steve

o

It's not poison ivy because ivy doesn't have that tiny white flower. Another choice for your hosta is Gold Standard.

o

Muktowngal, I think the plant in the pic is White Avens (Geum canadense), a native perennial plant.

Here are some links which may be helpful:

White Avens on Illinois Wildflowers Info

USDA Plants Profile: White Avens

Missouri Plants: Geum canadense

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here