Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rich Uncle..

Posted by hosta_freak z6 NC (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 20:58

Here is a large gold hosta I really like. It gets biggger and better each year,and to think my wife actually picked this one out for me several years ago! Phil

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rich Uncle..

Gorgeous! Mine is puny this year thanks to root competition from the stupid Maple it is planted under :-(

Alexa

o

Maples! Can't live with em. Can't live without em.

Gorgeous gold.

o

Phil, your picture disappeared, so I'm filling in with my Rich Uncle taken about a week ago I think. It is beginning to have a certain golden glow to the vibrant green.

As you said, it is becoming one of MY favorite solid hosta too. Maybe you can repost your photo using the internal GardenWeb image uploader, then it won't matter where you move it, here it shall stay.

o

Gez,Moc,I didn't think people would keep looking at my old posts! Here is a pic of my Rich Uncle,for you,and others who might like it. Phil

Photobucket

o

My rich uncle was planted in the fall of 2011 and this is what it looked like in July 2012. It came up with 11 shoots in the spring so I was very pleased with it's growth

o
re: rich uncle.. here's mine

My rich uncle.

o

Hostanista, that is so precious. Everybody needs such a Rich Uncle! :)

o

love it hostanista!

o

You're so lucky hostanista a rich uncle and.......so old!!!

o

I don't have a rich uncle, but I have my Uncle Albert (seedlings), might look good next spring.

o

Late to this party and home 'under the weather' so perusing hosta photos and dreaming of spring and the actual 'rich uncle' made me laugh out loud!!!! So cute!

o

Nice, I have a small one (like most of my hosta). Now THAT is a gold beauty to look forward to.

Don B.

o

Among my seedlings-to-be, there is 'Old Bill'.....and I think that qualifies as another 'Rich Uncle'....

....and between clearing out my house for a reno project, and so forth, I'm late doing the seed thing. But, if I don't get it done before the end of January, my DH is due home then, and he is pretty smart about winter sowing.

Joraines, hope the pictures make you feel better, they always affect me that way. Inspiring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here