Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbug_zone6

Perfectly Named

mbug_gw
9 years ago

These two seemed to have been named just perfectly. Touch of Class and Deep Blue Sea
Can you think of others?
TOC

DBS

Comments (13)

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

In my opinion, Spilt Milk is well-named.

Don B.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Striptease.

tj

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Don, you saved me with your beauty of a Spilt Milk! I had to replace mine and it's not anywhere as good looking as yours so thank you for posting yours - so lovely!

In its place I will add 'Blue Mouse Ears' which suits its name well, at least the "ears" part. :-). Since it is still in unfurling stage and not showing the ears very well, here is last year's picture.

Mbug, your hosta is very photogenic, lol because TOC looks beautifully perfect...the one that is available for viewing and, this thread makes one think... an interesting theme...thank you :-)

Jo

• User
    9 years ago

Jo, your comments are so true. Glad you stated them. I always love your BME. It could be a nosegay for sure.

Well, one I can identify across the garden and it is a plain green, is Mississippi Delta, an Olga hosta.

Why? Well, the leaf on it is broad, flat and wide. The plant is spread flat and loose too. Just like the Delta itself. Here is its picture
    {{gwi:1008220}}

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jo and Moc....good ones, their names do describe their look.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Tj, an amazing Striptease . . .yours is older than mine as evidenced by the rugosity level. I love the "layered" look I found on this leaf. I don't remember ever seeing so much detail before. It will colour up in the centre with gold with time, but I'm glad I captured this aspect of it too. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :-)

P. S. You can just imagine the "striptease" as each layer gets pealed, all the while the strip of white "stays put" Lol. Yup, a tease alright! bhaaahaahaha

• proteinqueenfccc
    9 years ago

My nomination is Sharp Dressed Man, which
    I think is a perfect name for this one. so suave, so cool, so sharp!

• proteinqueenfccc
    9 years ago

My nomination is Sharp Dressed Man. What a perfect name for this plant- so suave, so cool, so impeccably
    sharp.

• mctavish6
    9 years ago

Good choices.

Here are a few more. The Purple Haze surprises me. It's a division of the main plant which shows almost no purple at all. This piece is amazing.

{{gwi:1008222}}

{{gwi:1008226}}

{{gwi:1008227}}

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

So Sweet (Wonder what Kevin Vaughn named it?)

bk

• User
    9 years ago

BKay, the picture of your So Sweet flower head reminds me so much of a honeysuckle bloom. Also very sweet smell. We used to break off a blossom and suck the nectar from it. I never tried it with a fragrant hosta flower though. :)

I happened across another one perfectly named. This picture taken in June of Banana Muffins. Nice rounded leaf with a puffy muffin cap on top. Hasn't quite mounded up yet this year, so last June's photo shows that effect.
    {{gwi:1008228}}

Note: This year I discovered Banana Muffins is supposed to be a Large hosta. I always thought it behaved and grew like a Medium. I think mine is the perfect size and shape to look like food. Real muffins.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Hahaha good question, BKay : )

Oh, it's supposed to be a large, Mocc? (Banana Muffins) Mine is growing like it's supposed to be a small. ; )
    EDIT: I do have Banana Muffins planted next to June, maybe it's gotten a beauty complex or something.

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Tue, May 27, 14 at 18:31

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beautiful hosta and thoughtful descriptions!