Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bkay2000

Tetraploid hosta list

bkay2000
11 years ago

Is there a tetraploid hosta list? I can find them in '07 and '08. Is there a recent one?

(I tried searching for them, and I know they have to be on Pieter's website, but I don't that web address.)

bkay

Comments (16)

• franknjim
    11 years ago

Here's a link to Don's Polyploid list.

Here is a link that might be useful: Polyploid Hostas

• bkay2000
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, that's way I couldn't find it. Thanks.

bkay

• franknjim
    11 years ago

If you do a search here on GW using the name Don Rawson you will find the post the pietertje made announcing the updated lists with the link.

• donrawson
    11 years ago

This list may be helpful also: Hostas Analyzed by Flow Cytometry

• User
    11 years ago

Hehehehe, well, Babka, your thread set me off last night on a whirlwind tour of all the lists. I came to rest on the Theme Gardens. What the........and Don made this sweepingly magnanimous gesture to allow us to submit additions to the lists, and that is what I was doing until about 2:30 in the morning. I hope Don was sleeping soundly, because he got quite a list today!

Not that I was using the Hosta Registry or HL, I was simply going through the catalog of LOTG in PDF format. Think what I could do if I used the HL!!!

All I did was add some to the TV/Movies Theme Garden, and the Song/Music Theme Garden. I was very pleased that I was unbiased enough to suggest adding Metallica on the MUSIC list.....:)

For lists such as this, like Theresa's Angel Garden that Les is working on (did I get that right Les?), he might find a hosta not on the Angel Garden list and suggest it to Don. Or the sports list. Maybe the history list. Ice Age Trail and Middle Ages would work along with Patriot and Revolution and Paul Revere, right? When you get right down to it, theme gardens can be as varied as the people who buy hosta.

Oops, I need to see if there is a Hosta 'Yankee Doodle' or 'Yankee Doodle Dandy,' for music and movies.....and history!
    Catch you guys later. :)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Mocc- Wasn't me. ;-)

-Babka

• bkay2000
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You can do a search on Don R, but you get about 500 hits starting in 2007 or thereabouts (too many to sort through).

bkay

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

arent dons lists.. off a link at the library also???

under the link name.. get this.. LISTS ... lol .. are those current don???

ken

• User
    11 years ago

Oh dear, I'm going to have to stop staying up so late. THIS is the thread and it was BKAy not Babka. But it was to Don I sent the movie and music theme garden updates. sigh.....

You also won't believe the trouble I'm having with my computer. I lost the taskbar, programs kept opening on their own, and then I saw it.......A FLY was repeatedly banging into my 23" monitor screen, which is touch screen. At one point, he settled on it, and the big ring for a pointer circle opened around it. Wish I could have bullseyed him then, but I did not want to ruin the touch screen. So it was him hitting the icons on my monitor desktop, no telling what else he did, but the taskbar was a puzzle, until I found it vertical (and hidden) on the right side of the desktop. I've left it on at night several times, and got back up last night to check on it, and there IT was, whamming against the bright light of the screensaver. I had to shut it down before he bought something big and expensive!

Can you imagine having a fly-sized drone come into a military zone and activating via touch screen the scramble for missile launch? Whoa..... well, the old Fly movies, Vincent Price and Jeff Goldblum, it can be spooky.

This has been going on for about a week now, I thought I'd killed the Fly a couple of times.

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Moccasin

That could be serious. You may have a hacker on your computer. You might want to have someone look at it. You don't want any of your financial information hacked.

Steve

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

You must have some really, REALLY big flies in Alabama if it is strong enough to register on your touchscreen. I think it would be cross-eyed (with little birds flying around its head)after the first slam into your screen.

-Babka

• User
    11 years ago

Babka, the sucker was banging against the monitor WHAM WHAM, and not at the white open window I was working on, but the program icons off to the dark side. When he actually LIT on the screen, the touch screen added a 1 inch circle around him.
    I'm thinking I need to decrease the sensitivity somehow, but have not discovered that adjustment. It is a HP Touchscreen all-in-one computer, no tower, not a laptop. Never imagined this sort of problem.

Reminds me of the stories and poems by a 1920s Chicago newsman, Don MArquis, who wrote the Archie & Mehitabel tales. Archie was a cockroach, reincarnation of a vers libre poet, and Mehitabel was a black cat, reincarnation of Cleopatra. Some of my favorite poems. Archie wrote them by jumping around on the typewriter keyboard, so all lower case. Some of the best of his poems are available online. Worth reading. Wonder if my Fly is the reincarnation of Steve Jobs, condemned to communicate with a WINDOWS computer? No greater hell for him than that!

• donrawson
    11 years ago

ROTFL

• Gesila
    11 years ago

I google Don R's hosta lists

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Moccasin- I'm coming out to Alabama to see about them whopper flies this week...(in NOLA and Mobile). If we had more time I want to come and see you (and your new hostas) personally, but alas it is not to be.

-Babka

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Moccasin-

Maybe you need some Ouija Board software...? Only the FLY knows...

-Babka